CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

GoPro video editing?

Scribbles

Paul
 Premium
Reaction score
I have a video off my GoPro hero 5 approximately 20min in length, I want to section out (remove useless) parts of it to make a shorter more entertaining video. What is the best software to use for someone like myself (I’ll be doing this twice a month or less). How to’s would be awesome.

Scribbles

Paul
 Premium
Reaction score
I am so frustrated, I’ve tried windows movie maker, go pro quick, I started to download Adobe somthing or other then I realized it was a monthly $20+ dollar fee, I was fine with a one time $20 but not monthly. I feel like what I want is simple but hell, I don’t know any more. I only fire up the PC once a year to back up my iPhone.

I’m also fed up with having to watch a stupid YouTube tutorial for everything these days, it seems like the forum days are becoming a dying breed, is this just me or am I on to something here?

Fordum

1 ton status
 Premium
Reaction score
I wish I could help. I did some of that kind of work many years ago, and had some nice programs to do it with.
Most of whom either don't exist anymore, or have morphed to something more. Having not worked with GoPro files, I am having to assume that you will still be doing some version of NLE.
Non Linear Editing.
Here are a couple of links that show different programs that might help.

https://cgi.tutsplus.com/articles/12-non-linear-editing-apps-you-should-know-of--ae-6801

https://www.zdnet.com/article/non-l...source-alternatives-to-abobe-premiere-pro-cc/

530BLAZER

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I got a gopro for wheelin.... couldn't get the editing stuff figured out so that thing just collects dust now.

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Windows movie maker is very basic. iMovie for Mac is very easy and quite powerful. That’s what I use. I used adobe premier when I had a windows box. That was very powerful, but expensive. Send me a pm and I might be able to hook you up with the iso

bp71k5

3/4 ton status
 Premium
Reaction score
Gopro has (or had) an app for the iPhone that let you crop out parts of videos. I don’t remember it being hard to use. Might try that or similar for whatever phone you use.

Scribbles

Paul
 Premium
Reaction score
Gopro has (or had) an app for the iPhone that let you crop out parts of videos. I don’t remember it being hard to use. Might try that or similar for whatever phone you use.

My next problem would be getting the video to my phone!
Thankfully my wife (who is not stuck in the late ‘90’s) helped me out with windows movie maker. I think with some practice I’ll be able to figure it out.

Scribbles

Paul
 Premium
Reaction score
I’m super surprised at how long and painful the editing process is. I guess I’m ignorant. I tried messing with the GoPro qwik, I hate that one. The windows program is much better.

bp71k5

3/4 ton status
 Premium
Reaction score
My GoPro has WiFi built in so I just connect my phone to the camera and edit the videos wirelessly. Gotta have the space to transfer them to your phone if you want or upload them to YouTube instead.

-stew-

Banned
Reaction score
I've found the gopro software pretty easy, even for a dolt like me.

Top Bottom