CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Got any cool tools lately?

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
What's the deal w/ those yellow curtains? Seen them around. Never looked into them.
Those are welding screens. Protect others in the area from welding light. Would also help keep sparks and debris from that nice paint job behind them !

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I did not see Eddies post when I posted.:doah:

Welding screens. I use them to control the sparks from grinding and cut off wheels. Keeps the metal in a small area for clean up. Worth every penny.

I also have people stop by to chat. Had a neighbor walk in while I was welding one day. He did not know that you do not look at the welding process. So now they surround me while welding. Also work as wind blocks when welding outside. I have to sand bag them to keep them from blowing over.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never seen them that color. That'd be nice for light and being able to see your work.
All ours at work are dark green like a torch shield. Or just a canvas.

ktmoutfront

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Desert_K5

1/2 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Not bad pricing either, I need a few of these around the plasma table. My bird dog is a dummy and likes to snap at the sparks along with staring at the torch.

Desert_K5

1/2 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The punches look really good, I'm really glad you ended up with them. Have you put them to work yet?

ktmoutfront

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Picked this up today for a grand. 5 years old. The 3 phase converter died so the guy added a 220v single phase motor to it while waiting for a new saw. New one showed up a month early, so he wanted the room this one was taking up.

The seller builds custom vehicles. His collection was pretty impressive.
20211007_150805[1].jpg

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a cheap electric winch that will bolt right in place of that hand crank.
Just look for electric boat winch.
Uses the same holes even.

scouthead

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of something very similar that autozone sold for a while. Have to get used to always pumping up and bleeding off the jack at the right times. I would probably buy another set if I found them for reasonable price

Top Bottom