CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Got any cool tools lately?

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
That's cool Wade! I've got the bolt cutter type, it works great as long as you have space. That air gun is great for tight spots.

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Any of you guys have the magnet mat from Snap on?

My sons friend was over yesterday he had his new service truck and we were checking out his tool organizing, pulls out this small mat and says it will hold a cylinder head.
My son says yeah I’ve heard that they will. I’m thinking BS.
Then my daughters boy friend comes over wondering what we are all looking at.
He randomly says hey that mat will hold a cylinder head! Thought it was funny they all said the same thing.

All three of the boys are HD techs.

So fine I grab a Big block 781 off my shelf. Sure as shit she holds! Wow!
76 lbs.

C8B70685-BA77-47F1-9E42-3CF8BF88E301.jpeg

B1C4E0FC-6CE7-439A-88BF-EFF04A0E4D3D.jpeg

029BB34A-F78B-443A-BF10-F055843765AB.jpeg

obijuank5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Warranties one of my 8.0aH M18 batteries and bought two more 1.5aH M12s for the shop.

Also, done with the Knipex Cobras. Anyone interested in them?

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah cobras suck. Try the alligators.

We can get cobras free at work any day, but I buy my own alligators and bring them in to use.

Big Ray

My Avatar Is Indicative Of My Daffitude
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
These are Nielsen Transfer Screws, they are the same principle as a transfer punch except they can be threaded into a piece so you can put metal or wood against it to mark a bolt pattern. This 3 size set was about $36 shipped.

I’ll be using these on an inboard shock crossmember bracket to transfer the bolt pattern to the inside of my frame.

View attachment 413271

View attachment 413272
We called them transfer points.
We'd get a machinists buddy to knock out a set.

Ours weren't threaded, we used them to pick up (transfer) rivet holes in aircraft.

Big Ray

My Avatar Is Indicative Of My Daffitude
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Bought this air over hydraulic nutzert/rivnut, or whatever they are called today, insert tool.
Put in over 100 hundred insert with it. No issues. View attachment 413521

Not today. Make sure to hold it straight in your hand and low enough on the handle.

See that big black knob on the back. It moves back when the trigger is pulled. Then spring loaded center moves forward. It bit me.

View attachment 413520
When I worked on A-6's, we had the high dollar deluxe gun. It was a blast.

The stub wing skins are screwed on, with over 500 rivets and screws.

Measure and mark all the lengths. Rivnuts were color coded for length. The rivnut went through the skin into the frames and ribs inside the wing. Then we would use another gun to set the screw to fill the rivnut. We'd get one side done in a day. They wouldn't buy more than one gun!

scouthead

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
had one a few years ago, but it was stolen by a criminal that wont be prosecuted because its everyone else's fault but his, and because if you complain about it, you are a racist...

want to get some steel scrap out of my container, out of the way, and hanging on the boulders near my desert place. leave em out there at various distances for rifle practice... I'm not drilling 3/4 inch holes in granite with a regular hammer drill!

I was fairly impressed by the first one- makes holes quickly, and the vibration damping seems to work well.

2222222.jpg

Last edited:

scouthead

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
luckily, the last time all my tools were stolen, my bag full of SDS bits was left behind, so i don't have to go out and start buying all those all over again!

Top Bottom