CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Group B Pritchett Run BB21

AgDieseler

Certified Scrap Producer
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
That wasn't like the rockpile looks to me, so I better watch some videos and join the fun!
I immediately winched up son of rock pile. Kurt and I decided that early on. I guess rock pile has broken down a little bit in the last couple of years, and may actually be a tad easier these days.

David

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I immediately winched up son of rock pile. Kurt and I decided that early on. I guess rock pile has broken down a little bit in the last couple of years, and may actually be a tad easier these days.

David
Ok, thanks for that information.
And I am wondering if @mrk5 was referring to the chute on FIM, now that I thought about it more. That had my adrenaline up but I was able to make it up with my little 37s and advice and spotting from good friends.
:saweet:

AgDieseler

Certified Scrap Producer
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Total newb question, is Pritchett or parts thereof more difficult then the Chute??
That was extreme!
Unlike the chute, every obstacle on Pritchett has a winch anchor. All of them.

The steps into the brickyard are like going down a 2x wider version of a slightly less steep version of the chute, and the brickyard itself is very navigable.

Chewy is stepped like the chute, but 4x wider, 4x longer, and about 75% as steep.

The route to rocker knocker is on par with the trail leading up to the chute, but very wide open. Great canyon views through this part of the trail.

Rocker knocker is uniquely challenging given the undercut, but the crab walk method seems to work for many, and the bypass is navigable. It’s half as steep as the chute and 4x wider.

Axle hill favors longer wheel bases. TJs without a rear stretch have a real tough time. Blazers should be able to do it. My truck crawled it. It’s as steep as the chute, but less stepped until the top and about 2x wider.

Pending new info, Rock pile and son of rock pike are instant winch points for me. It’s just about getting the rear tires over an undercut. It’s like the chute just had one step.

Yellow hill is a finesse thing for me, because of my huge rear end. Blazers will have the advantage. This is nothing like the chute. It’s smooth, wide, and a good bit longer.

Every one of these is a team effort. The ability to crawl and quickly transition to “driving” (crawling with momentum) are very useful.

David

Last edited:

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for that information.
And I am wondering if @mrk5 was referring to the chute on FIM, now that I thought about it more. That had my adrenaline up but I was able to make it up with my little 37s and advice and spotting from good friends.
:saweet:
The Intimidator is the spot with the big rock that forces you to drive real close to the edge of the trail.

2020-09-12 15.50.18.jpg

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Easter Egg is right in front of it a few hundred yards

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Easter Egg is right in front of it a few hundred yards
Thanks, I just found that by not being lazy and reading the trail description :whistle:
I would have known that if I would have finished the trail 2 yrs ago instead of going back to camp at the halfway point.

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The Intimidator is the spot with the big rock that forces you to drive real close to the edge of the trail.

View attachment 380633
Yes, that was way easier than the chute. The Intimidator is basically hug the wall, watch the spotter and drive through.
The chute took good timing on the throttle as well as good spotting. Then don't get rattled when it feels like the front is getting too much air!!!

Last edited:

the_blaze

Nightmare / Plan B
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Who would be interested in a deliberately paced Saturday run through Pritchett? Call it Group B, with the assumption that the more tube-framed among us are running ahead in Group A.

I'll drag my buddy @Spork929 into this one since it will be his first drive of the trail (we ran the suburban together, last time). Having run it once among a decently equipped group of 18 other jeeps, I can tell you it's a full day of wheeling, but a memorable one. I didn't have to beat on my truck to get it done; just steadily working the obstacle with good spotters, making use of every inch of suspension travel, and I pulled cable three times (chewy, rocker knocker, and rock pile). If we keep our group to the standard BB limit of 5-8 trucks, we'll be set for a fine day in the Canyon, with enough time for everyone to work the obstacles.

Afterward, frosty cold snacks will be on me. I'll import from the finest brewery in Dallas, as I do each time we go to west.

Tagging a handful of folks I think would do this trail way better than my junk (this is clearly not an exhaustive list):
@Fastereddie
@mrk5
@Bent77
@6872xtc
@the_blaze
@4door99
@skunked
@ashman
@72gmck5

David
I would be down! I have to miss blazer bash this year because I'm having a kid and the due date is the weekend of blazer bash. I tried to convince her to have the baby on the trail or just somewhere in moab and she was less than amused.

I'll be back for 2022 for sure!

Desert_K5

1/2 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Sounds like I’ll be hanging out at the cabin soaking up the a/c. I might take up drinking to pass the time lol.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Not a fan of teeth marks in the seat?

Top Bottom