Gunk Bug and Tar Sucks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BAD LUCK 79', Jul 29, 2002.

1. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

any one know of a better product to remove bug guts and road tar from paint... the gunk crap ain't working work crap..... i've still got the same bug splatters from the last 3 washes...with all the rubbing i've been doin i'm afraid i'll hit bare metal before to long..... oh and while i'm at it .. anyone know of a good way to get wax out of those little cracks and such.???? the last time i waxed the silverado it was getting ready to rain and i had the wife help me take off the wax.... now i've got some in the cracks caked up and a few stray spots on the bed sides.... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I used Mothers Clay bar to get the tar and stuff off my truck. Got it at Wally World, really makes it smooth. Just be sure to put a coat of wax on after 'cause it takes it all off.

3. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

To remove bugs and tar I have always used WD-40, never tried the tar and bug remover.
    For you wax buildup, I usually use a toothbrush or soft brush and cut the bristles down so it is reasonalbly stiff, it works but is not really fast.

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I use an old credit card and put a towel around it to get wax out of the edges.

5. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

go with the clay bar.

6. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

i never thought about the credit card thing.... i'll have to try that one... and the next time i make it to the evil empire i'll check out the clay bars... thanks guys......