CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Hardcore Tech: Vinyl vs cloth

laketex

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I've got a cloth back seat right now, but recently picked up a vinyl one to swap out since the top is off all summer and the cloth one gets sopping wet. But then I got to thinking about how hot that seat might get in the summer. So Vinyl or cloth, which shall it be???

k20

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I say cloth, even though it does get wet, the padding on the vinyl still will. And if you park in the sun for an hr, go into Wal-Mart, come back out, and somebody sits in that vinyl backseat wearin shorts or something. Your gonna be peeling baked on skin off the seat.

Emmettology 101

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
If your cloth one is nice, then store it or sell it. Then run the vinyl one with a Wet Okle(sp?) seat cover that is water resistant(maybe water proof).. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

justhorsinaround

3/4 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
There ya go. Put a water proof seat cover on it. I took the doors off the Blazer the other day and got to thinkin about my newsed (new/used) leather Porsche seats so I got some water proof covers and I'm happy I did cuz it rained that night and the water just puddled. I scooped the water out let it set for a couple of minutes and was good to go. Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

laketex

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about that, but then I figured it was too hardcore for there even! The XTREME nature of this post just gives me goosebumps! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

...hmmmm....where did you get your waterproof seat covers? wet oklee is kinda pricey...

Emmettology 101

3/4 ton status
Reaction score

BlazerGuy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I'd say cloth, much easier to make the beast with two backs on cloth than vinyl...and if the passengers don't like sittin on a soggy seat tell 'em to get their own forkin' truck! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CyberSniper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ever try to get mud out of cloth? I hate cleaning out the seams of the seat with Windex, I'd really hate to spend forever with cleaners and a vacuum trying to get mud out of the cloth. Plus, vinyl doesn't mind dirty people.

Either vinyl or leather, no cloth in a truck for me.

In order to make the seats bearable I used to fold the seat forward so sun couldn't get on the seat. I know other people that throw a towel on the seat when they get out and then put it behind the seat when they drive. Ever since I tinted my windows 50% I haven't had a heat problem though.

justhorsinaround

3/4 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
Wal-Mart baby!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I got the bucket seat ones so I don't know if they make bench seat ones. I found the box and it has the number 1-800-999-7873. Good luck to ya in the future.

Allan

CyberSniper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
You an emu, me an emu, everybody loves an emu. Until they try to eat your eyeballs and [darn] on your barbecue grill. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Top Bottom