Harley SAVED my truck !!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Aug 31, 2004.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

And didn't even know it . This morning I was getting some things out of the garage for Harley . The truck was warming up . Upon leaving the garage with parts in hand I see clear liquid pouring out of the truck , damn Autozone fuel pump , ONLY 3 years old . I have a spare and their only 13 bucks.

I am just glad I was getting his parts and saw it before I drove and it caught fire . This also explains why it has been cranking a few seconds longer lately too .

Thanks Harley /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Way to go Harley, I think. Umm. Well. Ahh. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I got it!

Way to go Harley for needing things out of Paul's garage!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

did u refill the blazers gas tank with the gas thats in the other 83's tank /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif.

was the pump leaking or was it a hose. i have had only one fuel pump go bad but many problems with leaky fuel hose. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

im glad u saw it before any thing bad happened. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Got it replaced easily enough , it ran smoother and starts way fast again , my idle is also up , so I think it was loosing pressure and pushing it out the pump where the halves are crimped together .

I did have to redo the outlet to the carb with teflon tape , and I was out of yellow ( available at industrial supplies ) for gas ( white or blue is for water ) so I used white and will have to redo that to yellow later .

I have the replacement with the smog pump installed down pat . I used to run a filter down there so the line is split . I take the pump off with the hard to reach hose attached . This time the pushrod was easy too , grease wouldn't hold it so I used some thick paper and after pump was in , pulled out the paper /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif