Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Head lice!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Nov 25, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Anyone ever get it or have to deal with it? My stepdaughter was scratching her head when we had her last weekend, then again last night after she was dropped off, so my wife looked at head and found lice. The rest of us all seem to be clear, but the poor kid was up til midnight with my wife de-lousing her, and is in semi-quarantine today...

Ever since my wife discovered it yesterday, my head's been itchy as heck...

Imagine one of these buggers running around your head:

[​IMG]

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

All I'll say is, "Ridex" and a pair of electric hair clippers! It's the only way! Good luck, from someone who's been there done that. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

You just had to show us a picture didn't you Ratch... Now my head itches... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I don't need to imagine...2 years ago my daughter came home with that from school. They make the kids share lockers at her school and her locker mate had head lice.

It didn't take long before we all had it. Easy enough for me...I shaved my head, but my wife and two girls all have long hair. The delousing is bad enough, but then you have to do all the sheets, pillows, coats etc.

I never want to go through that nightmare again!!!

Rene

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Your safe, they don't like the taste of mercury poisoned skin /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Ya know, I didn't mean to be so dramatic about the mercury thing... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Rene, that's exactly what I told my wife... I'm shaving my head if I suspect it...