Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Heater Motor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Suffergauge, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

Is the heater motor the same through a broad range of years and models? Mine is dead so I am gonna make a junk run... just want to know where to look.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I think they're probably the same, but a new one only costs around $30. For that price I wouldn't even bother making a trip to the junkyard to find one that may be nearing its end of life also. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. Suffergauge

Right on! Called up the local store and they had one in stock $27. I guess I am used to every time I need a part it is the most expensive thing in the store, ie. toyotas /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Now ya know that your toes will be toasty all winter. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

As far as I know they are the same, however, the "standard" blower motor, and the AC/Heavy duty heater option blower motors are physically different. (both will bolt up, AC/HD one has a huge hole that needs clean air feed though)

Cars use the same motors as well.

6. Suffergauge

I picked it up tonight and it went right in. A little blue rtv and whammo.... sweet! Now I don't have to drive with my head out the window because I can't see through the windshield. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif