CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Hey computer geeks

Stickseler

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Any Idea why the CD Burner on my laptop won't read burned CD's /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Its a Compaq Presario 2500

SS66

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Does it have a Toshiba brand removable CDRW/DVD combo drive? If it does... thats your problem. Jap crap /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have the same problem

jakeslim

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
yeah, some cheap ones have a hell of a time accessing the outer(or maybe inner) portion of burned disc.

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Words directly from the "computer geek" brother of mine,,,,,,,

"it's broke"

If it's an older, seriously outdated model, it's probably just cheaper and better to buy a new computer, i guess the components that laptops use are very expensive.

Stickseler

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Its only 4 months old I guess I'll put it in the shop. It works fine on oem CD's /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Yeah i wasn't sure as to how old it was, since it's still basically new, just get it repaired, our older unit is the same way, but is just too lad to worry about replacing the drive, this sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Stickseler

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Yes it worked on burned discs before. I just brought home the work from home version of POS from work and it wouldnt read it, then I tried a Picture disc I've read on this computer before. I guess I'll try to burn one tomorow and see what happens. It works fine with factory discs although it is a little noisey now that I think about it /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Maybe I'll bring it to work on monday for or IT to look at it.

NerdBoy

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
What software are you using? It the burned CD was made with Roxio DirectCD, and the CD wasn't closed, or the Roxio program is bad, it won't read.

Top Bottom