CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

How many Hams we have on CK5 ??

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I just passed my technician exam today, obviously don't have a call sign yet. Tried the General but with no studying I didn't pass.

wheels87k5

24 Karat
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Congrats on getting it done. My turn is coming.

If I can get this General Lee 10 meter working I'm going to take the technician exam. This thing has been modified and has a small toggle switch on the side. Not sure what the switch is for. None the less I need to get it working.

campfire

Adventure is out there!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting it done. My turn is coming.

If I can get this General Lee 10 meter working I'm going to take the technician exam. This thing has been modified and has a small toggle switch on the side. Not sure what the switch is for. None the less I need to get it working.

Might as well go ahead and get the General license, it will make that 10m rig much more useful.

wheels87k5

24 Karat
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I do plan on getting the General licence but I have to get the Technician first. It's been 25 years since I was involved in electronics so I'm going to take a study course for each license. I think if I pass the Technician I'll be able to do the General on the same day. I'm just not sure I have that many brain cells left. There was a lot of partying from 1991 to 2016. :doah:

MountainmanID

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Choosing not to share my call, but anyone who sees my truck will know as I have callsign vanity plates :)
Probably a good call as pretty much all your personal info is easily attainable through QRZ's callsign lookup. Luckily I am well prepared for both welcome and unwelcome guests..... :weapon2::weapon37::weapon22::weapon39::weapon42:

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a Yaesu FTM-400XDR from HRO. :woot: Super sale on this radio right now. I've been wanting a APRS rig for a while now and with the discount on this I couldn't pass it up.

It's out of stock across the country so we'll see how long it actually takes to get. So much for just getting myself a nice HT this year.... :rotfl:

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which antenna did you get?

I've been running a cheap little Tram 2m/440 NMO antenna for a few years. It's taken an absolute beating and if it's completely destroyed, I'm out $13. :haha: I have a 440/2m/6m NMO antenna but I don't run it much. I think it's a Diamond IIRC.

Top Bottom