CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

How many Hams we have on CK5 ??

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck with testing!

If anyone is interested Overland Bound has a Echolink net on the Grits n Gravy server every Friday night at 8:30pm EST. We talk about ham radio, overlanding, off-roading, camping and anything outdoors related.

I'm a net controller about once a month and anyone is welcome to join in if you're interested in such things.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
I changed my call a few years ago. Dropped the J in KJ4TOZ and went to KT4OZ. I like the OZ because it really causes operators issues in pile-ups. The TOZ was better because I'd get Tanger Osco Zulu but the OZ seems to do a good job. They remember my call that way!

SilverduneJimmy

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
My father has been a ham for years. I practically grew up listening to him on the net, going to the local club meetings and spotting for funnel clouds during tornado season. Pretty cool stuff. Unfortunately I never took the time to get into it. If anyof you that are in Michigan ever talk to WA8EFK that's him. Dale is his first name.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
My RaspberryPi, case and preloaded software should be here today.

I'm going to use it as a terminal for an APRS I-Gate here locally. The club's digipeater doesn't cover the city very well so I'm hoping this will be a good fill in.

I already had the FT-1900R and Signalink USB as well as 20' of mast, a 5/8W Comet base antenna and a section of LMR400 to feed it with.

I think this is going to be a fun setup!

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
SOB I remember why I stopped using Linux a decade ago...

But I got it working. Also bought a book on Linux so I can kinda learn what the heck I'm doing.

20200925_222626.jpg

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still making progress! I learned how NOT to beacon using SLOT in Direwolf!

I'm gonna let it run all day and see what kind of activity I wind up with this evening.

Top Bottom