CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

How much to swap?

tyc

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My 1970 Jimmy 4x4 is getting an LS soon. Based on much research I am looking at picking up a fairly low mileage 2007-2010 HD Silverado with an LY6 and 4l80e from Copart or similar. Since I am getting the whole truck I am wondering what other parts I might salvage. Maybe I missed it but I couldn't find any other builds that used more parts. Also curious what is possible vs what is practical. The wife and neighbors will not like the carcass laying around long so I need to get everything off this truck I might want (now or in the future) before the tow truck takes it away. I have never tackled this large a project before so forgive my ignorance. I will likely be getting help so my limitations might not be a factor. Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Engine, trans, wiring harness, ecm, gas pedal assembly, and the little throttle position control box usually mounted up on the fire wall high drive side corner.

Then just whatever else you want from the vehicle. Seats, etc.

You'll need conversion motor mounts, and whatever you want to do with exhaust.
Stock ecm will need sent out to be flashed and remove VATs so it'll run.

tyc

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shady. This feedback is great. I was wondering if there were any real odd ball things. That control box was not on my list. Assumed that was part of the pedal assembly. Thanks. Anything else that might come in handy let me know. Love to put together a list if I win this auction next week

rksjd8420

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Except the 2007 Classic, the 2007-2010 also 2011-2019 HD is going to have the 6L90E transmission.

tyc

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that. Edit made. What's a couple gears between friends?

Top Bottom