OK first let me say I am extremely happy with my new 2500HD, except for the drivetrain. I really wanted a diesel-equipped truck but my mom couldn't see past the extra $5000+ added to the price tag. I've already calculated that if I had a diesel I would have saved over $100 in fuel in a little over a month, assuming 20mpg. I know the Duramaxes don't get this type of mileage but the Cummins diesels do. Anyway, regardless of the reasons, I want to weigh my options on ordering a 2006 Dodge 3500 dually with a CTD and G56. I was quoted just under $30k for a base model 2005, but I'm sure the 2006s will be higher priced and I won't be able to put the deal together before the 2005 deadline comes. I am probably going to have a hard time selling my truck because it is also a base model (manual locks, windows, transmission) and a regular cab. I doubt any dealer will give me what it's worth for trade-in value. The sticker was right at $30k and I got it for $26k. $2000 of that is for a 7 year/100k mile extended warranty, however, so the truck actually only cost me $24k. I am able to get a refund on my warranty since it hasn't been 60 days yet. My current loan balance is $26,109. After my first payment goes through it will be around $25,7xx. I could get it down to $23,7xx if I got a refund on the extended warranty. I want to know first of all if the trade-in/sale value added by the warranty would be as great as the cost of it. Not only in monetary value, but also in ease of sale. How many people really weigh extended warranties in the value when shopping for a used truck? KBB values for 2005 aren't out yet so I don't really know what my truck is worth right now. I have to act fast on the warranty, however, since the deadline is drawing near to cancel it. I'm leaning towards getting the refund so I owe less on the truck and will hopefully break even when I sell it. If I cannot get as much out of the truck as I owe on it then it's pointless to sell. I guess my main question through all this rambling is whether the warranty is worth it or not concerning sale value. Also, should I try to sell it ASAP before major depreciation hits or will I be better off waiting until October or so when I have more of the loan paid off (I'm paying an extra $100 on the principal each month)? By October, though, the truck will be 7 or 8 months old and probably have 10,000 miles on it, as opposed to now when it's basically brand new and has under 3,000.