CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

I got something strange going on... power windows and locks

Chuy84k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so I got a better set of doors from a buddy of mine (mine were dented and dinged). so I decided to swap them out. mine where electric and the new set i received were manual no biggie swapped everything over. here where I'm baffled the power locks don't work on either door ive swapped switches around no luck . gets even crazier the power window switch will not roll down either window. however the power lockterminal with the window switch will but it will roll one down and one up. the window regulators are new and the power locks used to work last time I remembered (its just sits in my drive way so no need to constantly lock and un lock it). have any of you guys ran into something similar to this at all. any bone that is thrown at me would be highly appreciated.

frankin5

Super Mall Crawler
Premium Member
Reaction score
What year? You move everything over from you old doors? Did you use the same door panels as before? The locks have a set of relays under the dash next to the brake pedal. Drivers side has two window switch's in same bezel. Doors switch by it's self. The passenger side one switch per bezel. You have pictures of setup? did you change locations of any wires?

Chuy84k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's a 86 k5 and yea swapped everything over all the wiring door actuators and window regulator and window motors new on both sides i didn't change anything around or short anything i removed the battery prior to doing so.

Chuy84k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also tried brand new switches thinking that was the issue but not even that helped. o don't rear anything when I hit the lock up lock switch except for the windows rolling down

Top Bottom