CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

I need a height measurement

cochino12

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I want to add a 4" lift and run 33 or 35" tires but I dont think It will fit in the garage at work. Can someone running a 4" lift tell me how tall it is? Thanks

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
I am not at home right now, but mine fits in my garage. I have a pretty short door too. I run 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires. If no one else posts up , I'll measure mine when I get home. I measured once before but I don't remember. My truck is here though and it is about 82-83 inches tall in the rear where I am a bit higher. This is with street pressure 32-35 psi and me juggling tape measure. Hope it helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

cochino12

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I am not at home right now, but mine fits in my garage. I have a pretty short door too. I run 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires. If no one else posts up , I'll measure mine when I get home. I measured once before but I don't remember. My truck is here though and it is about 82-83 inches tall in the rear where I am a bit higher. This is with street pressure 32-35 psi and me juggling tape measure. Hope it helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

great I appreciate it

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
Wouldn't be a problem when I get home /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I asked this of someone here before too( thanks Harley), before I got my lift. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Grim-Reaper

3/4 ton status
Author
Reaction score
Didn't know you had signed up here. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

A 4 inch spring is 5 inches unless you have a big block. Then it's 4.5. They make them exceed what it's sold as so that if it sags they will not get nailed with a warranty claim.

My 2.5 inch ranchos' and a 1 inche zero rate is 4 inches of lift. Rear is 6 inches. on 35's my truck is about 7ft 3 inches. Standard residential Garage door is 7ft.

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
Took me awhile to get home, had to help my sister in-law. Well my garage (used to be carport) I measure from ground to door when raised of 86 inches which is a hair over 7ft , which coincides with what grim reaper said. My truck with 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires fits with several inches to spare. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

cochino12

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
hey guys thanks for the measurements. I know it's not going to fit in my garage at home but I think It just might squeeze into the garage at work. It' going to be close though

CyberSniper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
79.5" to the highest point on the roof with 33s, 4" BDS springs in the front, and shackle flip in the rear.

Mine won't fit in a 7' door without pulling the garage door up the tracks all the way so it is horizontal.

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
79.5" to the highest point on the roof with 33s, 4" BDS springs in the front, and shackle flip in the rear.

[/ QUOTE ]

What brand shackle flip? Also does it sit level? My rear came up higher with stock springs and Echobit flip. I sat mostly level before , maybe slightly higher in rear. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

CyberSniper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Redneck shackle flip. The truck actually drags butt. It used to have stock 3-leaf springs in the front and it sat level without the shackle flip. When I put the front springs in and the shackle flip in the rear I gained about 6" of lift front and rear (the rear axle hung off the springs for about a week). They slowly sagged over about two months and I suspect I have a little less than 4" of lift in the rear and a little over 4" in the front. Both sets of springs don't have a whole lot of arch.

I can take some pictures if you like. Here is a picture of the shackle flip from last summer:
rightrearshackle.JPG

pauly383

Daddy383
Reaction score
Interesting. My buddy wants to do his cheaply also. Did you brace behind it where it hangs below frame? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

CyberSniper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a stock brace that is riveted to the bottom of the C-channel frame. This is what I used for locating where to put the new brackets. There was no measuring done, just a bolt stuck through the hanger and brace. It was then plumbed with the top of the frame. On C10s they don't have this brace, I don't know about other vehicles.

The spring hanger is off the front spring hanger on a 77C20.

For shits and giggles, my Dad and I pried on one hanger to see what happens and if it was weaker than stock. As suspected, the frame actually deflected instead of the brace and hanger. I think it's as strong as stock.

To try to keep the frame from being tweaked we bolted it to my receiver with a single 3/8" bolt.

If I didn't have a spare tire in the way I'd run a brace that went from hanger to hanger.

Top Bottom