Im about to blow up my truck.. Hydro ass is no longer working right hlp pls

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Silver84k5, May 27, 2003.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

ok when i finished the hydro/xover install, everything was working... It wasnt what i thought it should work like, I though i would have more steering power then i do, but nonetheless i was able to turn my wheels lock to lock at a dead stop without the belt squeaking or having to apply a lot of force.. Well im getting ready to drop the tranny (a whole nother post) And i notice i cant steer for [naughty word] /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. I try to bleed the system again, to no avail /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. I try turning the wheels lock to lock, and the belt starts Squealin like a stuck pig, and the steering wheel wont F'ING turn /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif... what is wrong now? pump? box?.... Thx for any input....

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome to my hell! I haven't been able to get mine to work right since I put it on. Can't turn at all at a stop, can't turn at idle, have to give it gas... Tried new pump, nothing... I'm about to rip it off...

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

heh i got it fixed, right after i posted this i went out and checked the belt, kinda loose, so i tightened it up and it worked.... btw i was so pissed becuase i was getting ready to rip the tranny out and i couldnt find my coveralls, and when i finally did i Rip the crap out of them trying to put them on... heh /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif