Introducing Volcano Manifolds....SALE!

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
It was about .600" lift and 230s duration at .050" if I recall correctly (something around 231/239). The stroke was 4" and the compression was 11:1. I ported the heads myself, mild port job, nothing extreme. I wish I could remember the LSA but I have too many cams in my head now, if I picked it I probably would of picked 112 for that one, but I didn't pick it. If you are looking for a cam I would be happy to help you pick it out and order it for you.

We actually did a lot of testing on that engine, including a small shot of nitrous, and with a carb.

The carb picked up 15 HP and 19 lb-ft of torque on just the volcano inserts, and the small 100 shot of nitrous picked up 152 HP and 223 lb-ft of torque! The same long block was used in every test. Only swapping intakes, induction style, or adding N20.

Was just nosy where exactly that was at to get to that power output. But I’m a big fan of the 4” stroke on the LS platform. It does the things...

Pretty sure I’ll stick with the cam I have in my engine. I’d have to compromise too much of one end or the other to gain anything

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
To be honest that thing surprised us. We were guessing 525 - 540 HP, and in the end it pulled 590 HP on the best run, and duplicated it twice before we shut it off. Makes me wonder what the head porting did to it, because the heads were probably the limiting factor on that build, mildly ported stock LS2 heads.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Always good info. Thanks Heath

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have a build going together right now that is a 4.100 stroke in a 6.2L block .005 over, makes it a 427 out of a 6.2L block! Pump gas, nice comp hydraulic roller, has good LS3 style heads, waiting on rotating assembly from Callies. This one should crank out some pump gas ponies for a small block. Will use some dry volcano nitrous too! :saweet: May be a while before its dyno ready as the block isn't machined yet. I'll post some numbers maybe in the fall, depends on the customer's schedule.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Can I have both?

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yes.

I was mostly making a BBC LS7 joke, as it was a 454, compared to the modern LS7.

Martin

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yes.

I was mostly making a BBC LS7 joke, as it was a 454, compared to the modern LS7.

Martin
I had faith you would catch that

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You guys are always entertaining! :waytogo:

Holley makes a crank spacer so you can put a wet sump on a newer LS7 now, because so many of us have spare LS7s sitting around we want to convert to wet sump. I am selling them almost as fast as black licorice.

Top Bottom