Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is there a slip yoke eleminator kit for a NP208?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Klink K5, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if I can get the style of kit that is offered for the NP241 for my 208 in my 1986 blazer . I have not reasearched this so dont flame my thread. I would also if there is away to get rid of the slip yoke if there is a kit not avaliable .Thanks, KLink /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

I dont think there is a kit, because there are dodge 208 cases that have a standard yoke. You just swap the parts into your 208 and be done with it.

3. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

There isn't a kit like the one for the 241. Also, the dodge conversion isn't 100% bolt together because the dodge rear case doesn't have mounting points for the strut.

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

There is a kind of slip yoke eliminator for them, but all it really is, is a hole drilled/tapped into the output shaft and a bolt inserted there. It does nothing for the length but it does keep it from slipping out, worthless in my opinion.

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Build(s):
    There is no good kit available, which is amazing due to the millions of 208 cases sitting in Chevys and Fords around the world.

There is the Dodge/Chevy hybrid plan, but only a couple of guys here have ever done it and to be a direct replacement, you have to weld chevy threaded parts onto the back half of the Dodge case you would be using. I looked around here and Dodge fixed yoke 208 cases are like $350+ in scrapyards.

Then there is the bolt on flange that goes with an unmodified 208. It will actually shorten your driveshaft a little bit. This solves the driving with no rear driveshaft and spline binding problems, but doesn't get rid of any slip-yoke slop. You can see an example here

I heard Jess at high angle was working on one, but it has never materialized. Not knowing any better, I think it should be pretty similar to the kit for the 241.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Andy SYE's 208s, PM him.

7. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There is no good kit available, which is amazing due to the millions of 208 cases sitting in Chevys and Fords around the world.

There is the Dodge/Chevy hybrid plan, but only a couple of guys here have ever done it and to be a direct replacement, you have to weld chevy threaded parts onto the back half of the Dodge case you would be using. I looked around here and Dodge fixed yoke 208 cases are like $350+ in scrapyards.

Then there is the bolt on flange that goes with an unmodified 208. It will actually shorten your driveshaft a little bit. This solves the driving with no rear driveshaft and spline binding problems, but doesn't get rid of any slip-yoke slop. You can see an example here

I heard Jess at high angle was working on one, but it has never materialized. Not knowing any better, I think it should be pretty similar to the kit for the 241.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the fixed yoke dodge 208 that i got when I traded an old th350 from a 2wd was a good deal then? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I have a Dodge/Chevy hybrid 208. All I know is in fact it has some custom welding done to it, I've never taken it apart, much less got it on yet...........

9. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I also have a chevy/dodge hybrid. You have to weld a piece inside the case and you have to weld the threaded pieces for the support rod.