Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It lives!!!!

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by tRustyK5, Sep 21, 2003.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Build(s):
    Finally got the 6.2 up and running again last night. Port matched and bowl blended intake, rebuilt injection pump from Accurate Diesel, rebuilt injectors also from Accurate.

It took a little bit of cranking to purge the air from the lines, but it was quite a bit easier than the first time I did that job.

It finally fired up and ran a little rough and surgey for about a minute before smoothing out. Runs way better than before, still smokes a little blue when cold but that cleared up pretty quickly. It blow no smoke at all once it warms up a few minutes. Previously it would sit there and chug smoke contiuously and had a rough idle.

It seems to have a noticable improvement as far as power goes. I find it runs out of gear really quick now when accelerating in second, moreso than before. Very smooth, no leaks and hopefully a slight improvement in fuel economy.

No pic's.

Oh yeah, I blew a brand new 39.5" TSL on the test drive. For the full story check the Garage. The tire had 3 miles on it and is now the perfect donor for a cool tire swing for my kids /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Rene

2. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Right on, sounds like it was worth all the work you had to do /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif And just in time too, not too long till BB. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

congrads Rene /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    allways nice when a good plan comes together