CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Jesus stuff. The resurrection. (Enter at your own risk)

F.S.F.W

1 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, and I finally made it a priority. I've felt like I should be posting some kind of daily verse, and possibly a quick little devotional on here.
But first of all... Before anyone thinks that this is intended to make anyone feel condemned or looked down upon, that is not my purpose. I'm no better than anyone on here and that's not what God wants me to do.
Second... I'm not here to argue about religion. I will respect your opinion but I'd hope for the same in return. The thing of it is that I intend to share my faith in Christ in a way that will show you that I believe in a God that loves us enough to give us chance after chance to see the love He has for us. As a believer it is my understanding that it is my job to do so.
And third... I don't have all the answers, but I'm open to any questions. It may take me a few to find an answer but I will give it my best shot. This isn't about what I know but it's about the God I know. So here we go!
These are my life verses.
1 Timothy‬ ‭1:15-16‬ ‭ESV
“The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.”
I believe that a sin is a sin. God doesn't weigh my sin against your sin and what Paul is saying here is that IF there was one sinner that was the worse than the other he would be the one and Jesus still forgives him because he simply believes in Him. That's where it all begins. God is patient but why keep Him waiting? Why take that chance?
‭‭‬‬

F.S.F.W

1 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I try to make it to church every week and do right.

I need to try harder, that's for sure
Best part is that we don't have to be good people, and do good works for salvation. Once we become believers and put a little tiny bit of faith in Jesus He starts to do the work inside of us. Then you start to feel the hunger to dig into His word and serve Him. Doesn't make us perfect in our eyes but at that moment we are made perfect in Him. Should we just continue to live the way we want to live because God has forgiven us? No probably not. When we become believers we take on a responsibility to share our faith in everything we do. Doesn't mean we have to be a preacher but people are watching us and the best way to glorify God is in our daily walk with Him. One major misconception is that if you believe in God it's all sunshine and rainbows. WRONG... When Jesus died for us it wasn't to make life better. It was to make things better after life. Doesn't mean that God won't help is through hard times though.

76zimmer

Flyin Rat
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Best part is that we don't have to be good people, and do good works for salvation. Once we become believers and put a little tiny bit of faith in Jesus He starts to do the work inside of us. Then you start to feel the hunger to dig into His word and serve Him. Doesn't make us perfect in our eyes but at that moment we are made perfect in Him. Should we just continue to live the way we want to live because God has forgiven us? No probably not. When we become believers we take on a responsibility to share our faith in everything we do. Doesn't mean we have to be a preacher but people are watching us and the best way to glorify God is in our daily walk with Him. One major misconception is that if you believe in God it's all sunshine and rainbows. WRONG... When Jesus died for us it wasn't to make life better. It was to make things better after life. Doesn't mean that God won't help is through hard times though.
I don't believe that we don't have to be good people.
One of the basic teachings is to be more like Jesus. I've always been a believer but not much of a follower until some things happened in my life to open that door again.
Since that time having " faith" and knowing no matter what I will be fine in Gods hands. It has also helped me to be a better person overall. I still have many faults and God knows we are all a work in progress.
I think many people look down on bible thumpers because many present themselves as superior in what they say and preach and condemn others because of their sins.
"Let he without sin be the first to cast a stone" has never rang more true. Basically shut up and let your actions speak for you!

F.S.F.W

1 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
@76zimmer I know what you are saying and I agree. What I was saying is you don't have to get your life straight and be a "good person" to be saved. When we realize that being "good" isn't what God wants and we seek that relationship with Him, He starts to lead us and show us His way. I know there is a lot of scripture about the way we should behave as Christians but you don't have to fix your behavior before you believe. I think that @bent72 is feeling what God is doing in him and that's a good thing! What we can't forget is that the enemy wants us to beat ourselves up over every little mistake we make. When we dwell on things and fall into a low because we "aren't good enough" and "keep screwing up" then we become ineffective. BUT... When we act like fools we also become ineffective.

diesel4me

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
I'll admit I am not very "religious"--I haven't gone to church since I was a kid,and I haven't read all that much of the bible--but I do believe-- and try to live in such a way that I don't make myself offensive to others--even when most everyone around me where I live, are totally the opposite...but it ain't easy...
Remember John Walton,the dad on the TV show ?..thats kind of how I am...I feel you don't need a church--its just a building...to me,the woods,fields,places I enjoy being at,are my "church"..

I have a book of bible quotes I look at when I need a "lift" or to post to someone thats facing a difficult situation...

I haven't done that here because till now,no one else really mentioned faith related stuff much..knowing religion and politics can be two very touchy subjects,I tend to keep my thoughts on it to myself..

There are some quotes that are not only true--but rather amusing as well...like Proverbs 21:19...
"It is better to dwell in the wilderness,than with a contentious and angry woman"...
Maybe that's why I've remained single all my life....:thinking:..

F.S.F.W

1 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'll admit I am not very "religious"--I haven't gone to church since I was a kid,and I haven't read all that much of the bible--but I do believe-- and try to live in such a way that I don't make myself offensive to others--even when most everyone around me where I live, are totally the opposite...but it ain't easy...
Remember John Walton,the dad on the TV show ?..thats kind of how I am...I feel you don't need a church--its just a building...to me,the woods,fields,places I enjoy being at,are my "church"..

I have a book of bible quotes I look at when I need a "lift" or to post to someone thats facing a difficult situation...

I haven't done that here because till now,no one else really mentioned faith related stuff much..knowing religion and politics can be two very touchy subjects,I tend to keep my thoughts on it to myself..

There are some quotes that are not only true--but rather amusing as well...like Proverbs 21:19...
"It is better to dwell in the wilderness,than with a contentious and angry woman"...
Maybe that's why I've remained single all my life....:thinking:..
A church is just a building. I've seen people "go to church" in many places that weren't actual churches. We should be the church. We are goin to church right here on the intraweb! I know God can be a touchy subject. One thing to think about is that it's not about religion but your relationship with Christ. Honestly this is going way better than I thought it would! I've been ripped on by people for my faith. It's been a journey that's for sure! I didn't grow up in a Christian home so this isn't something I was made to believe. I was skeptical for a long time but I believe with all my heart that the bible is the word of God.

jekbrown

I am CK5
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Bit too much forgiveness and redemption in Jesus for me but, carry on true believers. :thumb:

F.S.F.W

1 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
‭Romans‬ ‭7:15‬ ‭ESV
“For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.”
‭‬‬
Some days are a struggle. I know what's right but I still slip back into my old ways. This verse doesn't give me the cure all answer to STOP doing what I hate, but it shows me that I'm not the only one that has felt this way. Even the apostle Paul struggled even after he had come face to face with Jesus. I like to think that if I could have been around Him in the flesh it would be so much easier, but would it really? It's a fact that we will mess up. It's also a fact that we shouldn't just give in to temptation and do the things we know we shouldn't. Keep fighting the good fight!

F.S.F.W

1 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Bit too much forgiveness and redemption in Jesus for me but, carry on true believers. :thumb:
will do man. Forgiveness and redemption are good things. It's like getting popped for doing 120 in a 45 and the cop lets you go but says don't do it anymore. It makes you thankful for what the guy did. He could have locked you up for a loooooong time but he didn't. Anyway... I don't want to be pushy but that was a thought that came into my brain so I shared it with you.

natemc

Adventure is an Addiction
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
A church is just a building. I've seen people "go to church" in many places that weren't actual churches. We should be the church. We are goin to church right here on the intraweb! I know God can be a touchy subject. One thing to think about is that it's not about religion but your relationship with Christ. Honestly this is going way better than I thought it would! I've been ripped on by people for my faith. It's been a journey that's for sure! I didn't grow up in a Christian home so this isn't something I was made to believe. I was skeptical for a long time but I believe with all my heart that the bible is the word of God.

I was raised up till around 15-16 years old going to a service every Sunday and some weeks two other days also. I was given the choice by my parents when my father was banished (for lack of a better term) to stay or go. I chose to leave the congregation. I had a very sour taste in my mouth for religion for a very long time.
I was always a believer of Christ in my heart. My head told a different story and until a chance meeting with a now close friend. Jesus opened that door again to me through my buddy. I now try to follow in Christ's footsteps everyday. As humans we can't step perfectly every step of the way. That is the number one teaching I've come to realize. We are not meant to be perfect, we are meant to be genuine individuals. Recognize our faults and move on.
Example;
Footsteps in the sand is a pretty common and recognizable image or symbol. If they represent the footsteps of Jesus. As a follower we "want" to step foot in foot of his path. It is inevitable that we will "not" leave the same perfect path. If we miss a step, we recognize it. That is the point at which our actions show who we are. Do we retry that step over and over, condemning ourselves for imperfect steps. Only to miss the fact that we have completely left the path everytime we turn around. Ultimately falling farther and farther behind Jesus on his path he set for us. Did we not even recognize our first misstep only to miss the the next step and the next and the next? Eventually being so far off the path we don't even know where we are. The beauty in Jesus path is that it can always be found. And like footsteps in the sand, the tide will always wash away the missteps. So with that in mind, did we recognize the misstep we took in our following of Christ's path? Did you realize the correction needed to get back on the path?

I am very guilty of all three of those scenarios. It's taking me a long time to find the path again. I don't believe in Religion, I believe in Jesus Christ and am now a follower of him!

F.S.F.W

1 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I was raised up till around 15-16 years old going to a service every Sunday and some weeks two other days also. I was given the choice by my parents when my father was banished (for lack of a better term) to stay or go. I chose to leave the congregation. I had a very sour taste in my mouth for religion for a very long time.
I was always a believer of Christ in my heart. My head told a different story and until a chance meeting with a now close friend. Jesus opened that door again to me through my buddy. I now try to follow in Christ's footsteps everyday. As humans we can't step perfectly every step of the way. That is the number one teaching I've come to realize. We are not meant to be perfect, we are meant to be genuine individuals. Recognize our faults and move on.
Example;
Footsteps in the sand is a pretty common and recognizable image or symbol. If they represent the footsteps of Jesus. As a follower we "want" to step foot in foot of his path. It is inevitable that we will "not" leave the same perfect path. If we miss a step, we recognize it. That is the point at which our actions show who we are. Do we retry that step over and over, condemning ourselves for imperfect steps. Only to miss the fact that we have completely left the path everytime we turn around. Ultimately falling farther and farther behind Jesus on his path he set for us. Did we not even recognize our first misstep only to miss the the next step and the next and the next? Eventually being so far off the path we don't even know where we are. The beauty in Jesus path is that it can always be found. And like footsteps in the sand, the tide will always wash away the missteps. So with that in mind, did we recognize the misstep we took in our following of Christ's path? Did you realize the correction needed to get back on the path?

I am very guilty of all three of those scenarios. It's taking me a long time to find the path again. I don't believe in Religion, I believe in Jesus Christ and am now a follower of him!
PERFECT!!! The last thing you said was absolutely right on! Wow man... You nailed it. Thanks for your input here!

diesel4me

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
When it came time for me to go to confirmation classes at church--I instead took off on my mini-bike,or hung with my "friends",and had fun...therefore I was never "confirmed",I went to a Lutheran church--now I guess I'm a "lost soul" who belongs to no congregation,but still believes in God,and lives his life like he'd want me too...
I hope I don't end up in Purgatory because I wanted to have fun and be happy--which Jesus says is God's will...:eek:..

I'd see people who were complete a-holes to others the other 6 days of the week,who ran businesses, and screwed people over,others who treated their neighbors like dirt,basically had no morals,sit in church on Sunday, and sing and act like they were angels--Monday morning,back to their usual ways..like going to church erased all they did during the week.....that did not set well with me..

Neither does the scripture that says someone can "repent at the last hour,and be saved"...

Well,if you can be an ax murderer,thief ,rapist,etc,then repent on your death bed,and still get into heaven--what's the point in being "good" and decent,honest,trustworthy,and kind to others all your life,if your going to have to share heaven with the guy who chopped up a bunch of people,or did other horrible things to them, in his earthly life..?..
I never understood that--I thought Hell was reserved for those kind of people ?...:screwy:..

I've met some really good decent people who have strong faith,and some have done things for me I'd never thought possible...there has been too many things in my life,that have happened,that couldn't be just "coincidence"..

F.S.F.W

1 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Tough questions to answer @diesel4me but I'll do my best. The difference in being in heaven with an axe murderer and being in heaven with a "good person" is this... Where is your heart? Are you sorry because you know what you did was wrong or are you sorry because you got caught? Are you that A-hole that 6 days a week makes people feel like crap and then sits in a Sunday service? Or are you that guy that says "man I need a change". I believe that you CAN be saved on your deathbed. But why take that chance??? I can't make you believe but I can show you why I believe through my actions. Just the same way people pushed you away through their actions. People are jerks and I've been exactly where you are man. I've seen corrupt people tear our church apart and accept no fault. But through that I've seen REAL Christians shine through and step up to show what this stuff is really about. If you believe in God give Him another chance to show you who He really is. Don't let the dirtbags that claim to be one way and act another way get in the way of your relationship with Christ. Not all of us are buttholes. :D

diesel4me

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
They haven't got in my way,I just worship in my own way--I noted that some seem to feel there is no punishment for their evil ways,or can do no wrong, so long as they go to church every Sunday...OR,they think they will be blessed with wealth,power,and good fortune,so long as they go--and also,some think because you do not go to church,you cant be a christian,or "serious" about being a good person..and your headed for Hades,will never prosper,you'll have bad luck,etc..

I don't mean to make it sound like every church going person is that way..most are not...

A lot of people I know do not go to church,or are not very religious,but when they are in trouble,they do pray,or call out God's name...will he still hear us,if we're not that dedicated ?...I like to think he does..

I have always found bible quotes to be confusing and contradictory---here's an example ..:

Matthew 9:13 :--"for I am not come to call the righteous,but sinners to repentance"...

Ok,so he wants sinners to repent...so they can be saved,and go to heaven..with the "good" people..

Ezekiel 18:21,22-." But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed,and keep all my statutes,and do which is lawful and right,he shall surely live,he shall not die ."
All his transgressions that he hath committed,they shall not be mentioned unto him- in his righteousness that he hath done,he shall live..

So--I take that to mean everyone can go to heaven,as long as they repent at the last hour,or "turn over a new leaf"...
My problem with that is people can lie and still be evil "inside" but appear angelic on the outside,and say and do anything,when there is so much at stake..
I suppose God will know though,whats really going on "inside"..

Then Proverbs 13:21 says " Evil pursueth sinners,but to the righteous good shall be repaid..."...

I take that to mean evil people go to hell,but the righteous ones will go to heaven..
Quite contradictory huh ?....:dunno:

natemc

Adventure is an Addiction
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
@diesel4me you have all the same questions I had and still question from time to time. I'm not claiming to be knowledgeable about the bible. I ask the questions whenever I come across things when reading the Bible or in discussions like this (in person or amongst our brotherhood). @F.S.F.W got a great thing started here and I hope it continues.
To answer the question of the deathbed repentance, I'll explain my thought. Simple thought that calms me and helps me believe that my daily practice is right.
"Good" people repent over sins that happen unconsciously. In our daily lives of imperfections and struggles. We sin constantly. You get cut off in traffic and mutter words towards that person. You walk through a mall with your wife and have a thought about that gorgeous cashier who gave you an innocent polite smile. You purposefully avoided the homeless dude who smells of liquor and urine by walking around the block instead of a direct route. I recently had my Train To Hunt partner say to me when I apologized to him and God for taking his name in vane during a competitive moment. He said to me, "it's a daily struggle. Don't worry about it."
The "bad or evil" people who repent on the deathbed don't really repent. Our heavenly father knows when evil is put in front of him. As the all knowing, those people will be banished to "hell". Those that he let's in at the last minute are not truly evil and I will be glad to share a new life with them.
Hope this helps brother. @F.S.F.W Thank you again.

F.S.F.W

1 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
They haven't got in my way,I just worship in my own way--I noted that some seem to feel there is no punishment for their evil ways,or can do no wrong, so long as they go to church every Sunday... Church doesn't save you. We as Christians should "be the church" it is our job as Jesus says in Matthew 28 to GO and make disciples. We are called to go into the world and show people who our God is. OR,they think they will be blessed with wealth,power,and good fortune,so long as they go-I can't stand the prosperity gospel. God wants us to be content with what we have and He makes it clear that we are ALL supposed to work hard and we are also supposed to take care of each other.-and also,some think because you do not go to church,you cant be a christian,or "serious" about being a good person..and your headed for Hades,will never prosper,you'll have bad luck,etc.. I don't buy that either. Life is life. God NEVER promised that this life will be easy. If life is going really easy you might want to step back and make sure it is God providing and not the enemy sucking you into one of his traps.

I don't mean to make it sound like every church going person is that way..most are not... I didn't take it that way and I hope that none of this comes across as harsh. I enjoy conversations like this because it gives me an opportunity to clear up some things that I once believed myself! So keep it coming and I really hope that God gets glorified here! I appreciate your honest opinion.

A lot of people I know do not go to church,or are not very religious,but when they are in trouble,they do pray,or call out God's name...will he still hear us,if we're not that dedicated ?...I like to think he does.. I believe He does as well. I believe that God will put Himself right in front of you and whether or not you choose to follow Him is on you.

I have always found bible quotes to be confusing and contradictory---here's an example ..: Some things are definitely confusing but I don't believe there are contradictions throughout scripture.

Matthew 9:13 :--"for I am not come to call the righteous,but sinners to repentance"...
What is being said here is this... If people believe and have repented then there is no need to save them again right? If someone was drowning and someone rescued them you wouldn't have to rescue them again. BUT... Romans 3:23 says for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. So Jesus came for ALL.
Ok,so he wants sinners to repent...so they can be saved,and go to heaven..with the "good" people..
Back to Romans 3:23... There are no "good people" we all have skeletons that we don't want anyone to know about. We are all sinners. The good news is that Jesus hung on a cross and died so that like it says in John 3:16 whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life in heaven with Him. I paraphrased that a little but I didn't change what it says. God looks at our sin like a stack of coins. From our point of view we see how high or low the stacks are. God sees it from his point of view and doesn't care how high or low the stack is. He sees the sin and wants us to believe in Him and repent and He will forgive us like it says in Psalms 103:12 "as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.”

Ezekiel 18:21,22-." But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed,and keep all my statutes,and do which is lawful and right,he shall surely live,he shall not die ."
All his transgressions that he hath committed,they shall not be mentioned unto him- in his righteousness that he hath done,he shall live..

So--I take that to mean everyone can go to heaven,as long as they repent at the last hour,or "turn over a new leaf"...
My problem with that is people can lie and still be evil "inside" but appear angelic on the outside,and say and do anything,when there is so much at stake..
I suppose God will know though,whats really going on "inside".. <--- this... Like I said before... God knows our heart. There's a difference between repentance and playing the part. You can walk the walk and talk the talk all you want but is that what's in your heart? In Ephesians 4 it talks a lot about putting off your old ways. It also says in more or less words that bad behavior like you mentioned isn't what Christ teaches us. It says if you believe in Christ to ACT LIKE IT. Unfortunately I don't always do that. But I do truly ask for forgiveness for my mistakes. Every day is a struggle.

Then Proverbs 13:21 says " Evil pursueth sinners,but to the righteous good shall be repaid..."...

I take that to mean evil people go to hell,but the righteous ones will go to heaven.. If you live a life of evil denying Christ as your lord and savior, turning to your own desires and away from God and never truly repenting then yes. I believe you will face the ultimate judgement. God doesn't want us to burn in hell. God sent His son to take on our sins because He truly does love us. We shouldn't be afraid of hell because we really don't have to be. Christianity isn't rules and regulations for how you have to live your life. Christianity is about knowing and loving a God that loves us enough to take whatever sin we have in our lives and forgive us for it. It's not a Sunday thing or a show that we have to put on to look good. It's a relationship with our creator.
1 Timothy 2:3-4
“This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
He wants all of us to know who He really is. He wants all of us to trust Him with our eternity. I spent a lot of time in church in 2009-2010 and thought I was doing the right thing. Then one day it all became clear and I bawled my eyes out in the bathroom and asked God to forgive me for my sins. I felt something inside of me AT THAT VERY MOMENT that was comforting. My tears went from tears of sadness and sorrow to tears of joy and a feeling that I knew was the real deal. I knew at that moment that Jesus had me and was never letting go. We can all have that moment.
‭‭Quite contradictory huh ?....:dunno:
I'm not a bible scholar. I'm just a normal guy with a faith that I want everyone to know about. I hope that I helped. It's not about me though. I want people to know the Truth about Jesus.

Top Bottom