So, I’m selling my old Ford truck. I was asking $6500, but would take $6000. A guy looked at it on Friday and decided he wanted it and offered me my minimum price of $6000. He told me that he couldn’t get to any bank until Tuesday (tomorrow) due to new years and asked if I would hold it for him. I took that to mean if someone came along and offered me $6000 cash, on the spot, before Tuesday that I would turn it down. Anyways, today a new guy called me up and asked if I would take less than the $6500 asking price. I told the new guy that I practically had it sold to tomorrow for $6000. This new guy then offered me $6800. I called the first guy that I told I would hold it for and said I had a new offer of $6800. Since money talks, I would offer it to him for that price and if he didn’t want it at $6800, I would take up the offer from the guy today. He didn’t want it and was understandably pissed. Am I a dick or should I have turned down the higher offer?