K5 (75) truck cover

Lemond

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, folks! Relatively new to the forum, but have been lurking for a while.

After a fairly exhaustive search here and on line, I'm wondering if anyone knows of truck covers they either do or do not like that are made to fit the old K5s? (Or point me to a thread I may have missed that has any info.)

Mostly needed for long-term sun protection/storage, but also need moisture protection. Too many brands out there ranging from <$100 to >$700.

Was thinking about the Carhartt version which is steep at $483, but only because they are US made and have switched their factory over to support making medical supplies for the covid/corona crisis. If it weren't for that, I'd more like to stay under $200 ish.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

swettysblazer

Swetty The Yeti
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Are you looking at the Covercraft Carhartt brand? If so, I have had very good luck selling them and not had anyone complain,

Lemond

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you looking at the Covercraft Carhartt brand? If so, I have had very good luck selling them and not had anyone complain,
Swetty, Yes, that's the one I have been looking at. Thank you for that info! Are you a retailer that I could order through? How many would you guess you have sold?

After spending just over $100 for a decent cover for a Jeep a few years ago, I was just kind of shocked that there were covers that even existed for trucks in the $500-$700 range. Add in the really cheapos into the mix, and I had no "gut feel" for what was a good bet to buy.

swettysblazer

Swetty The Yeti
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Swetty, Yes, that's the one I have been looking at. Thank you for that info! Are you a retailer that I could order through? How many would you guess you have sold?

After spending just over $100 for a decent cover for a Jeep a few years ago, I was just kind of shocked that there were covers that even existed for trucks in the $500-$700 range. Add in the really cheapos into the mix, and I had no "gut feel" for what was a good bet to buy.

I've probably sold 10 in about four years. If you want shoot me a PM with what you're looking for

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I see you still run old ass BFG mudders like I do. I'd cover your tires to keep the sun from rotting them also. You can buy RV tire covers but probably will have a hard time finding any to fit. Maybe ones for a larger class A motor home or just make some out of plywood or something maybe if it's always in the sun.

Lemond

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I see you still run old ass BFG mudders like I do. I'd cover your tires to keep the sun from rotting them also. You can buy RV tire covers but probably will have a hard time finding any to fit. Maybe ones for a larger class A motor home or just make some out of plywood or something maybe if it's always in the sun.
Thank you! Good point! I had not thought of that yet! As I'm down from running anything for a while with engine issues, I should probably look into protecting the tires, too!

rampage

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom