CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

K5-How to Maximize Value when Resto'Modding. Rebuild or upgrade Drivetrain? LS Motor or Rebuild Original 350?

cheavyk10

5.slow
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Funny story about the Travis Barker K5, homeboy never commissioned nor paid for the K5, he just talked to Hogshines about building one. Hogshines went and built it anyway, and once it was complete they showed it to him and he still didn't want to buy it. Just took a bunch of photos for his social media. That's why it went to auction.

72gmck5

Fix, break, rinse, repeat.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thanks! I can't find the drool emoji but it would be inserted here if I could. Sweet rigs thanks for sharing that. Where's the pic from if you don't mind me asking?
The pic was taken in the dunes south of Moab.

Reactions: CJ8

8seater

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
yup, from the psycho custom guy.. ;) not everyone will dig it... for as badarse as my Mutt build is, it is a VERY specific build that doesn't suit everyone..

if the goal is to build a bada$$ rig that you like and may resale, my opinion is that you should look at only quality parts and more importantly, correct build procedures thruout the process... that includes resale thoughts, color schemes, coating procedures, etc....

personal preferences should take a backseat to what actually works and looks good... grays/silver/satin black tend to do better than fuscia/teal on a resale.. :whistle: not everyone may appreciate your hand grenade shifter... #tastefulmatters

not a resale type build :doah: :haha:

full
I think this is an amazing truck

Top Bottom