CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Lil' Bling Bling

Stomper

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Lil\' Bling Bling

Got some of my parts back from powder coat today. One of my hysteer arms and TR are still at the shop. The other half of my rims are still in the works, should only be another week or two till they are done /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
5185MVC-015S-med.JPG

Oh ya, I paid $56 to have those 11 pieces done /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
Re: Lil\' Bling Bling

Can someone confirm me on this? Is powdercoating used with a spray gun and air compressor? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifThanks

Stomper

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

The [paint] actually dry powder is sprayed on then baked to finish

k20

3/4 ton status
Reaction score

you do use an aircompressor, but you dont use a normal paint type spray gun. You use a powdercoat gun lol. Look in eastwood catalog to get the jist of it. Commercial pwdercoaters probably have something a bit different than eastwood, but same principle. You only need low air pressure, 10psi or less for our powdercoating works best.

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score

Okay, thanks. Where can I get a hold of a eastwood catalog. How much do powdercoaters run at, price wise? Thanks.

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score

wow, they have some awesome stuff on there... i wish I was rich, I'd buy it all!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

cybrfire

1 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Now your going to have to sand blast them again aren't you?

jjlaughner

3/4 ton status
Reaction score

did you have the seats for the conical washers in the steering arms plugged before it was sprayed? I've heard when you have powder coating, or even paint, it doesn't let those conical washers seat right and they dont tighten up or they loosen up after a while /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Something to that effect.

Anyhow, the parts look sweet, we have a powder coating place here in town but I know it ain't that cheap /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Stomper

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Nope, I didn't have the outside half of the rims done /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Stomper

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Yes, that is Sky Mfg. cross over.

I can't remember the color off hand but it's bright red I can ask when I pick up the other pieces on monday /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Top Bottom