CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

LMC Tailgate - Tube Doors

CharlieC

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever purchased a tailgate from LMC? Even here in D/FW rusted crap seems to be selling at a premium... wanted to do the truck tailgate conversion on my K5. Any is there a BoM of the pieces I need to add, looks pretty straightforward to figure out on the LMC pic.

I'd really like to do some DIY4X tube doors on mine, but have unknown cloth buckets in it right now. How do you keep seats dry besides a full cover with tube doors? Anyone try Wet Okole covers which are supposed to be waterproof?

Thanks
Charlie

fourwheelerjeff

Jeff's Offroad Emporium
Staff member
Reaction score

I use these on my buggy seats and in my TJ. when I put new buckets in my K5 I will probably use them on it also.

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wet Okole colors used to fade real bad. Not sure if the colors are better now. This was a while back when they gained popularity on Jeeps.

cheavyk10

5.slow
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I got one of the cheapo tailgates from LMC for my truck and was very disappointed. It was stamped out of very thin gauge material and was very light. Also the stamping wasn't very good, as the vertical edge of the tailgate wasn't very square and left a pretty big gap when I put it all together. I ended up going to the junkyard and scoring an OE tailgate. Maybe LMC's premium tailgates are better quality I don't know about that.

K85 Octane

Tacklin' Fuel
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Bought a tailgate from either Classic Industries or Brothers. Can’t remember who but they are local to me. 1968 c10

Returned it. Couldn’t get it to work, handle pocket was made wrong and it would bow when I (200lbs) walked on it.

Picked up a factory one from @longbedder that was almost perfect. Wish I still had the truck :(

Top Bottom