CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

CO Longmont to Denver

shima

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trying to help my girlfriend get a cheap 4WD. A couple of friends have XJs, she likes the way they look, and I know they're easy to work on... so we've been targeting those.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...e=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

The seller has serious concerns about the motor mounts. I can't imagine it being so bad that it can't make it from Longmont to Denver, but just thought I'd reach out here and see if anyone can help us tow it back. My K30 could probably do the job despite its issues... I just know nothing (!) about towing.

Any and all thoughts from anyone out there are welcome.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
He’s in Longmont. I think he’s drunk

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
You could probably figure out a way to chain the engine down. But like you think, it's probably fine to drive just don't try to do any burn outs. Leave from a stop nice and easy and I'll bet it's fine. Unless the motor is moving so much that it's pulling the transmission shift linkage out or something. Or maybe making the fan hit the radiator or shroud.

shima

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
@doubletrouble thanks for reaching out man. Went to see the Jeep in person yesterday and ended up passing on it.

The motor mounts on these have a big bolt that goes into the block. On the driver's side, the head of the bolt going into the block sheared off. It's not that removing / extracting said bolt from the block would be impossible, it's just that this Jeep was more of a project than we anticipated. We knew it needed motor mounts and I was happy to do those but extracting the bolt from the block is a little different. My girlfriend's moped was stolen on Saturday and that was her only transportation... so we're scrambling to get her something quick.

@mrk5 the engine moved quite a bit inside the engine bay. The seller was concerned about the engine hitting the shroud. He fired it up and gassed it a little bit... I think the engine moved up about 3-4 inches. At rest, it was angled sideways like a sinking ship!

Top Bottom