CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Looking for a Dog Ramp

shima

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is pretty random... wasn't sure which forum to use.

I have had lower back issues a while now. I recently tweaked my back when picking up my dog (~70 lbs) to load her into the K5. I figure it is time to shop around for a ramp so that I don't have to pick her up anymore.

The thing is, the Blazer has a 4" lift and sits on 35s. I can't find one that is long enough to get a decent angle for walking up and down. Ideally I could find something super long that collapses (so that I can store it in the truck).

If anyone has a ramp for their dog on their lifted truck, let me know or send me a link. Thanks a bunch as always.

swettysblazer

Swetty The Yeti
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Take a look at snowmobile or atv ramps. They fold and are sturdy. Might get you looking in the right direction.
Taht was going to be my suggestion as well. You could screw plywood or something to the top of it and leave it off where the hinge is.

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is pretty random... wasn't sure which forum to use.

I have had lower back issues a while now. I recently tweaked my back when picking up my dog (~70 lbs) to load her into the K5. I figure it is time to shop around for a ramp so that I don't have to pick her up anymore.

The thing is, the Blazer has a 4" lift and sits on 35s. I can't find one that is long enough to get a decent angle for walking up and down. Ideally I could find something super long that collapses (so that I can store it in the truck).

If anyone has a ramp for their dog on their lifted truck, let me know or send me a link. Thanks a bunch as always.
Look at harbor freight aluminum folding ramps

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

shima

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks a ton guys! I need to get outside with a tape measure and see how long of a ramp / stairs setup I need. I found one on Amazon that is 8' long, which I hope is long enough... but I won't know for sure until I get out there and take a look.

Top Bottom