CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Looking for DIY salad bowl specs, can anyone help?

RockBottomRacing

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I’m working on my top end for my suburban, she’s got 225k so she needs help. My old k5 I had ny throttle body rebuilt by RV Morse Machine, I had a TB spacer, injector pod spacer, eBay injectors, and the hypertech salad bowl, and she was a mean little monster. Now RV Morse is out of business and the salad bowl is no longer made so I’m trying to make my own, does anyone have the specs for a DIY deal? I’m gonna buy a 5 piece set of bowls off Amazon but wanna make sure the correct diameter bowl is there and if anyone has a recommendation for best way to cut it? I do not have a steady hand lol. Also what I should seal the bowl with? I’ll just buy a cheap abs nipple from autozone for the PCV hookup.

Any info is much appreciated, thank you!

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
just to be the funny guy.. molded from, an actual salad bowl...

full

full

full

full

full

and for something actually a bit helpful... still run my old CFM Tech metal one, same as that Jegs, on Mutt... it actually does make a difference....

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I took and cut the air filter base out almost as big as the bowl top . Been running one for years . Its now feeding my edelbrock pro flo 4 efi setup .

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still have the salad bowl from my burb if you want it?

IMG_20210926_203303079.jpg

IMG_20210926_203333799.jpg

IMG_20210926_203336311.jpg

Capt Ron

Minus .7 liters
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
just to be the funny guy.. molded from, an actual salad bowl...

full

full

full

full

full

and for something actually a bit helpful... still run my old CFM Tech metal one, same as that Jegs, on Mutt... it actually does make a difference....
A little part of me dies every time I think about that rig just sitting in the Lab. #AwesomeK5smatter

Jimmy85

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So is the salad bowl really a serious thing? Has an actual mpg gain been seen or movement in the pants been felt as a result? I went ahead and ordered one last night for my on own testing. But now debating wether to cut my factory air cleaner to find out.

Cheavyk10

Desert Sand
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So is the salad bowl really a serious thing? Has an actual mpg gain been seen or movement in the pants been felt as a result? I went ahead and ordered one last night for my on own testing. But now debating wether to cut my factory air cleaner to find out.
Yes, Engine Masters tested and confirmed HP's
h6tadnhatq9bhqudmfxk.png

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
i can testify to a bit of "seat of the pants" performance gains... nothing crazy, but it was noticeable.... opening up the/a factory bottom to fit is required...

Top Bottom