CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Looking to buy: fiberglass hard top for 1971 K5 Blazer

sjscoville

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just acquired a '71 K5 in really good shape for which we're going to do a full restoration. The top that came with the truck is toast, and so we're looking to buy a used one. We've seen a bunch of soft top options, but does anyone know if there is a good source for used hardtops or a vendor making new replicas? Thanks!

bp71k5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just acquired a '71 K5 in really good shape for which we're going to do a full restoration. The top that came with the truck is toast, and so we're looking to buy a used one. We've seen a bunch of soft top options, but does anyone know if there is a good source for used hardtops or a vendor making new replicas? Thanks!
No one making replicas. Good luck finding one. They just aren’t very fun to take on and off. I had my original and it was trashed so it got sold and then I got a nice single wall top but then sold it.

ashman

What's a pigeonrat??
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have a line on a top for sale. Headed to blazerbash, but I can check on it next week.
In salt lake city btw

radzzz1972k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've gone with the softopper. Was gonna cost a lot to restore the top. That and replacing all the seals would have cost that much more. Love the versatility and looks. Takes two men and a boy to take a single wall top off. You sacrifice wind noise which isn't that bad. Otherwise less expensive and easy to install. Red

thumbnail (23)~2.jpeg

IMG_2879-1~2.jpg

sjscoville

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That is in incredible condition … and a little out of my price range :). Appreciate you sharing.

radzzz1972k5

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a double wall top, not as good quality as the single wall.
When I had the hard top. Did not leak and wind noise was minimal. Summer in south Texas made it to unenjoyable for daytime cruises without air conditioning. Then I priced all the seals and cost to restore the top. Way ahead with softopper. Eventually would like to restore hard top. Other things are ahead for now since I chose the restomod path. Red

Top Bottom