CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

LS swapped 95 BASS burb. (Drivable finally)

Little lower, little cooler, bigger sounds.

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
If you saw it on youtube, it must be true! ;)

Seriously though, I'm not saying its bad, just not optimal. You did fine. To be honest Summit is the one that sells the cam with 1 degree advance, I think they do that to get a peak power number, surely not what I would call a "truck" cam.

And I used my app the first time I did a trans tune to do the same thing, before I learned the WOT shift point gets put on the graph as a black line. That saves time.

Don't take it wrong Rick, your tune is pretty darn close really. I'm just saying maybe it won't do a standing burnout in that exact application? I would think it would surely do a burnout on wet pavement though. And it should easily power brake a nice burnout. Make sure you put it in manual low to start, as if it upshifts on you the burnout would be over quite quickly.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think a large part of the no burnout thing is the tires I have. They grip well even in ice n snow.
Normal street tread would have a better chance.
Plus when power braking the shitty Michelins can't grab as well as the nice rears, so it just over comes their traction and slides em.
I hate Michelins.

Passing and even the basic launch seems impressive enough for me for now lol.
I'm just gonna drive it with the few suggestions you guys have made, which helped quite a bit, and wait to upgrade some more later.

When this project started I different end goals in mind because of my budget.
I bought all the pieces and started building.
Then my grandpa passed last Nov. And I found out he left me 1/6 of his estate.
So soon I'll be debt free, have a nice emergency fund, and some cash to play with.
Not to mention the 2k a month I'll no longer be making in payments.
Future upgrades with a few different parts and boost in the mix will get me where I want to be, and won't be as hard to save for :thumb: .

Think it's time I get back on the looks and stereo of this thing :saweet:

Last edited:

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You should swap the tires to the front and see what happens just for giggles. If it doesn't do a burnout then, burb needs to go on a diet lol.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vid on the way to work with the couple changes I made.
(I do let off slightly instead of keeping it pinned it seems.)
I think it's because there are cars all around on the road and I'm never sure who's a cop and who's not lol. I get scared of tickets lol. Had 15 moving violations in my days. :whistle: :doah:

Attachments

• VID_20220622_171221947.mp4
    62.3 MB · Views: 0

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should swap the tires to the front and see what happens just for giggles. If it doesn't do a burnout then, burb needs to go on a diet lol.
I mentioned a page or 2 ago that that's my exact plan, except the diet lol.
When I get the new wheels and tires for this, I'm going to swap the fronts to the back and try to annihilate the Michelins.

It's gonna get heavier unfortunately. Sub box, subs, sound deadener, Amps, rack, batteries, etc will probably put about another 500+ pounds over the rear tires. Subs and box alone will be around 300.

So it's gonna need boost or a bottle or something after all that lol. Which was in the future plans, hence why I bought the terminator setup and forged pistons :waytogo:

I want to do that before I start my rear corner body work just in case lol.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've even been looking for a pair of used tires on CL just to replace the Michelins after burning them off lol.
I have the 4x4 burb out back that's due to be parted out. And I could easily use a pair off of it after killing the Michelins. Except I need that truck to be movable for now because I'm not ready to dismantle it yet.

If I get a good smokey burnout going on those Michelins, I'm gonna go till I blow one most likely. Lol

campfire

Adventure is out there!
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've even been looking for a pair of used tires on CL just to replace the Michelins after burning them off lol.
I have the 4x4 burb out back that's due to be parted out. And I could easily use a pair off of it after killing the Michelins. Except I need that truck to be movable for now because I'm not ready to dismantle it yet.

If I get a good smokey burnout going on those Michelins, I'm gonna go till I blow one most likely. Lol

The answer seems obvious. Burn 95% of the rubber off, then swap them onto the truck. There's no rule that says you NEED to go until one pops... :whistle:

:burnout:

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol... True... But it's more of a want, due to them being Michelins and all :D

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plus... They aren't in great shape now.... So how do I know when they're close to done without stopping an epic burnout too early :thinking:

:whistle:

01010_3lKvs4VeaCaz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
That size when new is the same outer diameter as what I plan to run. Worn out they should be about 30" even.
The 235s would easily give me a good burnout I think, Being smaller.
But they're in better shape than the Michelins, so they'd end up the replacements lol.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can swap the tires in the shop easy enough. I need either a set to burn off, or a set to replace said burned off ones for a few months. They can be shitty rollers even.
The parts burb I bought has 4 good tires on it so I can swap a set on this and use the shitty rollers on the parts burb.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I can swap the tires in the shop easy enough. I need either a set to burn off, or a set to replace said burned off ones for a few months. They can be shitty rollers even.
The parts burb I bought has 4 good tires on it so I can swap a set on this and use the shitty rollers on the parts burb.
I think you answered your own question, we need burnouts!!!!

Top Bottom