CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

lSX on my engine?

Irishmic

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why on the bottom of the engine has LSX on it?

From what I understand the LSX engines were 454s. I also saw there were LSx engines made but were smaller.

I was told this was a top rebuild LS 5.3. Had it hooked up and told it was a 2003. It's a vortec engine, but I say that because of cover on top.

I know its not a 454. I have been trying to find ID numbers and such on it but nothing I find seems to lead me anyplace

20220612_194803.jpg

20220613_130500.jpg

20220613_130448.jpg

20220613_130436.jpg

20220613_130357.jpg

20220613_130417.jpg

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
From looking at it, I would say what you were told is correct. 5.3 LS truck motor.
The numbers you would need are on the back of the block I believe.

Irishmic

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, very helpful. I just was unsure and was worried it may be a bunch of different engines put together

Fastereddie

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay, very helpful. I just was unsure and was worried it may be a bunch of different engines put together
Looks to be well installed, I wouldn’t worry at all if it runs well.
Looks like your iat sensor is not hooked up in the intake though?

Irishmic

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thabk you for pointing that out. With that not hooked up, what problems can I expect to happen?

Is this something I should get attached ASAP?

Fastereddie

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Thabk you for pointing that out. With that not hooked up, what problems can I expect to happen?

Is this something I should get attached ASAP?
I can’t say for sure. It’s possible there is an iat sensor somewhere else. Does it have a check engine light anywhere? How does it run? How’s the gas mileage?

Irishmic

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It does not even have a speedometer at all. The guy before changed the gagedash and messed it all up. No blinker lights, no lights for anything, I have RPMs, water (that i assume is engine temperature), volts, fuel. I have an oil gage but it does not work.

It runs good, when it's started the engine idles a bit high for 30 seconds or so and comes down. If I try and put it in reverse it can stall. Other then that the engine is sluggish but I'm told from a transmission guy I took it to probably the gearing. He suggested to put in a better torque converter. He said the transmission can be look at then to see how everything else is. But the engine itself seems to run good. Has 4k since rebuild.

Top Bottom