Might not be able to make the Rubicon run........Grrrr

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

My engine is finally about to give up the ghost I think. On the way to work Fri, halfway there it just started runnin like someone had cut one of the plug wires.......So when I got home, I pulled the plugs to see what was goin on....The #8 plug was so fouled with oil that it must have been runnin on 7 cylinders. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I think rins or somethin...So I did a complete tune up...And it ran good for about 15 minutes...Fouled the plug again. So unless I can get this 402 together and bolted in before the 21-22nd.....I won't be able to make it. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Scott/ 4x4High, Is probably gonna help me on this one just like he did Gregs...So there is a small chance that I'll be there.....Mostly depends on how much cash I can come up with and how fast I can get it. So wish me luck....... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well good luck joe I think and hope all will go ok...I think you I think you can I think you can...LOL /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

it sounds like a head gasket problem...is that your guess also?

4. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Well if it's oil fouled it can only mean a couple of things. Broken ring or bad valve seal, well I suppose a hole in the piston could also cause it but then it wouldn't run good when you put a new plug in it. Have you done a compression test yet?

David

5. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

fawker you better go!!!!!!!!!! put some non foulers on it and run the rubicon!

6. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Zakk...Not sure on the head gasket thing....I'm not even gonna mess with it. I'll tear the 350 apart when I get the 402 in there and runnin.

GoldRush....No havent done a compression test....Dont have a tester. Also....read above. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

CRAWLIN70....I'm not gonna risk havin my 350 barf it's guts out in the middle of one of the sluices or Cadillac Hill or some other fawked up place. I hate to say that, but Not gonna risk it. If I can't get the 402 together in time, I won't beable to make it. But, I'm fairly hopefull that it'll get done. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

7. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I have an extra compression tester....