CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Modern vehicles

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
Why is it all the cars these days are being made with a bunch of plastic crap, I can see it being done on cars, but like the chevy avalanche (sp?) half the truck is plastic. Maybe I'm over looking things, but I like the way our trucks are made /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

gm4x

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
So they can make 'em cheaper & sell "em for the SAME price! Same reason jobs go overseas & to other countries. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

gm4x

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
FYI....my 86 Chev was made in Canada
/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

gm4x

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Nodda!! Wasn't meant as an insult.....Hell, I may move there some day. I've seen some of them Canuck Babes up there!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

gm4x

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
<SORRY> I forgot to say.....EH??
/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Actually plastic and fiber components are a better impact absorbant material for crashes. Takes the punch away from you. Designed to bend and break away similar to Indy car designs.

gm4x

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I'll take a side impact in either of my trucks anyday over a plastic one. A year ago I ended up taking a full frontal @ 45 MPH.....with an 8&1/2' Boss plow. OUCH!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
Actually plastic and fiber components are a better impact absorbant material for crashes. Takes the punch away from you. Designed to bend and break away similar to Indy car designs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah, I never new that. That's really interesting, hell, I'm learning so much from CK5, thank goodness for my membership /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen some of them Canuck Babes up there!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif But the US has more because off all the beaches! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

gm4x

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
yep....we got LOT'S of beaches here
/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

fjleiter

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Works fine as long as your not mix and matched, ie:old car hitting new car/vice versa... Been in bad accidents where both cars involved were only a few years old and everyone walked away. 2 years ago I was in a 2001 Mid-sized sedan that rear-ended a late 70's Pontiac Parisienne (sp?) disco sled. Car I was in was totalled, driver went to hospital, I should have gone but didn't (I'm 6'2", 250 lbs, been told I look like Goldberg with hair. With the unfortunate luck of being stubborn, detesting doctors and having a fairly high pain threshold thanks to a good amount of nerve damage during my youth...). The Pontiac had a slightly bent bumper... SOOOOO>>>>>>>
new car hitting new car....OK
old car hitting new car....OK for driver of old car
old car hitting old car...basically a wash....

(And no, I was not the driver in any of the above accidents) /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
hahaha, but the bad thing about the US, lot's of not good looking people too /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

84gmcjimmy

1 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Works fine as long as your not mix and matched, ie:old car hitting new car/vice versa... Been in bad accidents where both cars involved were only a few years old and everyone walked away. 2 years ago I was in a 2001 Mid-sized sedan that rear-ended a late 70's Pontiac Parisienne (sp?) disco sled. Car I was in was totalled, driver went to hospital, I should have gone but didn't (I'm 6'2", 250 lbs, been told I look like Goldberg with hair. With the unfortunate luck of being stubborn, detesting doctors and having a fairly high pain threshold thanks to a good amount of nerve damage during my youth...). The Pontiac had a slightly bent bumper... SOOOOO>>>>>>>
new car hitting new car....OK
old car hitting new car....OK for driver of old car
old car hitting old car...basically a wash....

(And no, I was not the driver in any of the above accidents) /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a bent bumper? HOLY thats amazing /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

gm4x

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Hey...I didn't knock Canada....you knockin' us fuglies??
/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Not a real modern car, but one reason i hate smaller cars, this was a wreck my brother was in about 2 years ago, he rear ended a Jeep Cherokee.

158392-med.JPG

158393-med.JPG

158397-med.JPG

158391-med.JPG

158399-med.JPG

He did spend some time in the hospital, with monir head injury (notice the dash board) a broken arm and a really messed up knee, some gashes above his left eye.

Estimated speed when impacted was at 40 mph.

fjleiter

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]

Just a bent bumper? HOLY thats amazing /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to new car styling, the Pontiacs bumper contacted the car I was in about 1/2" above our bumper and basically pushed the grill,hood and everything at that level behind it, backwards about 24"

Still remember a bumper sticker on the Pontiac that said "Jesus Saves" and thinking the part of the bumper where that was attached was most likely going to seperate my head from my body. Worst of all, the airbag fired late because of the high hit. Ended up taking most of the skin off the tops of my legs and arms. For several seconds, with the smoke and burning feeling on my arms and legs, I actually thought I was on fire... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

On the up side, what was kind of cool in a sadistic sort of way... because of the level we got hit at, it pushed the motor and tranny out the bottom of the car (front wheel drive car). Looked like grape with the seed spit out the bottom.

On the plus side, they say every driver will be involved in two car accidents in their life, I've been in 8. (three were severe) so figure my quota is more than filled for now.(And only one was I at fault, slid on ice in a parking lot.)

Top Bottom