Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Feet Smell.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jun 21, 2006.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

My feet smell.

Can someone suggest something I can do to cover the odour? It's mainly my shoes that are the problem.
    A little background info:
    The last month or so we have been going to a nearby lake to camp at. My moms boyfriend owns 2 quads so I go out quadding with him. There is a lot of water from the snow melting, so the creek is flooded which equals a lot of water. First I got my good, NEW school shoes wet and let them dry out in the sun. When I went to use them after they were dry I couldn't wear them because they smelled so god awfully bad. so I have had them on the dryer with a fabric scent sheet. Last weekend I used my running shoes (when I say used the good shoes and running shoes, I didn't mean for them to get wet. I have other shoes for when I want to get wet. I accidently got them really wet and continued to sweat in them) So the same thing happened to the running shoes, they smell too bad to wear. I tried DRYING them with a fan WITH a fabric scent sheet inside hoping to cure it. But I smelled them and almost died of the smell.

What can I put in them to get rid of the smell? I think the water must have made all the soaked in sweat smell come out of the shoes. They never smelled anywhere near this bad before I got them wet!

HELP PLEASE :eek1:

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

funny question for the lounge,,, but....

the first thing you learn in the military is to take care of your feet like your rifle...

ok.. as to shoes...
    wear washable ones,, synthetic and mesh running shoes for your wet weather forays... or if you have to wear leather be prepared to wash them.. cheap imported leathers smell somethimes after they get wet because of all the funky chemicals they use in the tanning process.... you can try washing them and then as they are drying use a saddle soap to put some oil back in them... it might not work and they might be history as to smell... try air them for a month.. might help

You might try a thin pair of water proof booties as socks... but they also make your feet not breath,, and air flow is the trick to keeping feet healthy...

for water I like the new synthetics or if your old school canvas boots work really well (israeli military boots.. or even some of the new spec op desert boots)
    After you day is done wash your feet really well.. even if you were in "clean" water.. dry them until they are FULLY dry.. let them air a bit until the skin is smooth,, use some foot power if need be.. wear socks that breath,, wear shoes that breath

its common sense but not practiced.. try developing a good habit.. your feet will love you

3. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Put them in the freezer overnight.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

What?

5. yoshisv

yoshisv 1/2 ton status

Have you tried baking soda? It eliminates odors, Or atleast the commercials say it does.

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

When I go Canoeing, my shoes (adidas running shoes) always get soaking wet and muddy. I hose them off and throw them in the washer by themself, then I put them outside on hte closeline hanging by the toungue. Never had a problem with them keeping a stink.

My Redwing boots on the other hand...whew they are about a year old though so, Its getting close to me getting a new pair for work, Ill probably let them air out for a couple weeks then assign them to shop and outdoor activity detail

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I think what you mean is by putting them in the freezer it will kill off the micro organisms that are still alive? Is this correct. It sounds plausible to me.

8. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Yes, it is supposed to kill the odor causing bacteria, they can not survive at that temp, it has worked for me.

9. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeh but your fish sticks taste like feet!!!!

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You wash them, and then put them in a plastic bag in the freezer overnight. Kills the bacteria.

If they are wet, try putting newspaper in them to dry them quicker.

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My Brother had a pair of black Nike's when We were younger and nothing would kill the smell in them it was so rank. I had enough one day and burnt them. It was that bad.

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Why a weird question for the lounge? It doesn't fit into the garage? :confused:

Anyways...I will try baking soda after washing them in the washing machine, then I will FREEZE them for a couple days. Then reaaply baking soda.

I will let you guys know how it turns out.

TjANKS

13. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Hmmm..........So what kind of facial cream do you all use

14. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I'll give you facial cream.

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I bet you would, perv

16. berserker

berserker 1/2 ton status

what?

:haha: :haha: :haha: ha i thought you meant his feet then i just pictured a guy doing a handstand with his feet in the freezer.:haha: :haha: :haha:
    i'm a dumda$$:haha:

17. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I have never had a problem with stinky feet or shoes, but I have heard that you can partially fill a stocking (yes, a woman's knee high stocking) with kitty litter and put it in your shoe to absorb the odor :dunno:

18. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status

then the cat would poop in your shoe and your back to stink town:D

19. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Or if we lived as far north as you do, outside in the winter:haha: Damm that won't work for Steve, its to wet and damp there in the winter

Cherle's tip will also work with either charcoal or coffee grounds instead of kitty litter....just don't make coffee after the odor detail with the grounds:eek1:

George

20. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Maybe this is why I never have stinky feet in the winter!