Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My new K5, the ugly truckling: LS Swap on the way

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RivMan, May 28, 2014.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

2. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

not sure how i missed this thread. I really want to do a full top on my 78. Great look with the slot mags, i did just settle for soem 15x10 wagons though, im on 6" of lift and 37's so 8" width looks a bit funny. Love the factory paint too.

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

Looks good. I also have lifter tap on my Tahoe. The t goes away after the first 20
    Seconds so i haven't tried to Replace it. Should be nice to have in your blazer. Are you Going to keep the envoy transfer case or swap?

4. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Good update.. Love the slot wheels too. Good news on the LS. Couple of things, the Trailblazer oil pan is NOT going to work in the K5. The 5.3's in the Trailblazer as well as the 6.0 in the SS version have a much larger sump than the truck pans with the added bonus of a hole that goes from side to side to allow for the axle to pass through it. You should be able to swap it out for a normal truck pan and oil pump pickup. I'd almost bet once you get the 5.3 apart you'll see a chewed up roller on one of the lifters and the corresponding cam lobe with similar marks on it. Since it sounds like you are planning on rebuilding it, you'll be replacing the cam/lifters anyway.

RubberFloorMat likes this.
  5. rpcraft

rpcraft 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Cool deal with the LS swap. Also, seeing your K5 with the center seat section answered a question I have had, in regards to whether it would fit or not. Definitely want to pick up one for myself now!!! Truck looks great!