CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Need peoples opinions on rancho 4" lift

y5mgisi

1 ton status
Reaction score
Need peoples opinions on rancho 4\" lift

The lift i have is a well used 4" rancho lift. It consists of 5 tapered leafs in front with poly bushings,and 4" blocks in the rear(a buddy also has some good DOETCH tech 3000 schocks im picking up from him too). Also has a 4"raised steering arm. Do you think that this setup will provide a good ride and handeling charecteristcs(sp?) on a otherwise stock daily driven '90 suberban? I would especaily like to here from people who already have this setup. How does it take the bumps and corners? does it feel "lose" threw the steering wheel? Sorry for the drawn out question but would realy like to know what to expect.

P.S. How many of you with sububans experenced driveline vibes from a 4" lift? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

CK5

In my underwear
Administrator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Re: Need peoples opinions on rancho 4\" lift

I just removed a Set of Rancho 4" HD front springs from my 90 K5, they were very stiff. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I now run the TC 4" and they are much softer.

Muddytazz

1 ton status
Reaction score

I currently have exactly that setup on my burb...you've seen my burb also. 4" rancho's, Pro Comp 3000 shocks and a raised steering arm and it doesn't ride like a brick like the ranchos supposedly do...maybe its the wait of the burb that is the difference. But i'd go with it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

y5mgisi

1 ton status
Reaction score

Thats right i totaly forgot all about that. You were runnin 33"mudkings right? That realy looked pretty good. Did you get any driveline vibes after that? Did you use the tapered rear blocks(i am). and (sorry again for all the questioning) but would you(or anyone) recomend droping my t-case cross member 1"???? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

scoutillac

1/2 ton status
Reaction score

I wouldn't drop my case just for a 4". I have a 6" and I dropped it for a while. Now I have it back in the stock location. I like it better up. When I dropped the case I had to drop the crossover pipe for the exhaust to clear the front driveline.

Z3PR

Banned
Reaction score

[ QUOTE ]
The lift i have is a well used 4" rancho lift. It consists of 5 tapered leafs in front with poly bushings,and 4" blocks in the rear(a buddy also has some good DOETCH tech 3000 schocks im picking up from him too). Also has a 4"raised steering arm. Do you think that this setup will provide a good ride and handeling charecteristcs(sp?) on a otherwise stock daily driven '90 suberban? I would especaily like to here from people who already have this setup. How does it take the bumps and corners? does it feel "lose" threw the steering wheel? Sorry for the drawn out question but would realy like to know what to expect.

P.S. How many of you with sububans experenced driveline vibes from a 4" lift? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Only thing I would recomend is ditching the 4" blocks and ordering the ORD 4" shackle flip.

Muddytazz

1 ton status
Reaction score

Yeah, i'm running 33's. No id didn't have any driveline vibe's at all..thats the nice thing about a burb, much longer wheelbase gives for better rear driveline angle variables. And no, i did NOT lower the t-case and I am using the tapered blocks in the rear.

y5mgisi

1 ton status
Reaction score

Sweet thanks for all the info /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Top Bottom