New house is in the works + an extra special announcement

Justin V

I should've stayed up there
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
For those not aware, I sold my house in Colorado and moved to Eastern Missouri. We left in August and picked up a rental house in Troy, MO. I got a job in Wentzville, about 20 minutes southeast.

We have been looking and looking for a house to buy and we think we found it.
20210119_184953.jpg

Our search criteria was at least 2 acres, atleast 3 bedrooms, at least 2 bathrooms, and either a very large garage or a property that had a separate shop or was cheap enough to build a separate shop.

We were hoping to get at least 3000 sq ft for the living area, and something that was built after the age of lead paint and asbestos. We wanted something that had some well established trees.

Absolute top dollar we could spend was $450K. We would have struggled at that price so we were thinking $350K-400K was better.

The property above is still a compromise is some ways, but is pretty damn good.

It was built in 2002, has 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 2 story with basement, almost 2600 sq ft, 3 acres w/ a stocked pond, good tall trees, and (pending inspection) is under contract at $325K!

Compromise comes in the form of less square footage than we were hoping for, and no separate shop...

It does, however, have 1086 sq ft of heated and insulated garage. It has a hot water hook up, minimum depth of 29 feet, and 8 FOOT DOORS!

I can drive the Green One in and out without using rollers!

Being well within budget is perfectly fine, as we are having another baby in April, a son to compliment our now 5 year old daughter.

Pretty stoked!

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
For those not aware, I sold my house in Colorado and moved to Eastern Missouri. We left in August and picked up a rental house in Troy, MO. I got a job in Wentzville, about 20 minutes southeast.

We have been looking and looking for a house to buy and we think we found it.
View attachment 365853

Our search criteria was at least 2 acres, atleast 3 bedrooms, at least 2 bathrooms, and either a very large garage or a property that had a separate shop or was cheap enough to build a separate shop.

We were hoping to get at least 3000 sq ft for the living area, and something that was built after the age of lead paint and asbestos. We wanted something that had some well established trees.

Absolute top dollar we could spend was $450K. We would have struggled at that price so we were thinking $350K-400K was better.

The property above is still a compromise is some ways, but is pretty damn good.

It was built in 2002, has 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 2 story with basement, almost 2600 sq ft, 3 acres w/ a stocked pond, good tall trees, and (pending inspection) is under contract at $325K!

Compromise comes in the form of less square footage than we were hoping for, and no separate shop...

It does, however, have 1086 sq ft of heated and insulated garage. It has a hot water hook up, minimum depth of 29 feet, and 8 FOOT DOORS!

I can drive the Green One in and out without using rollers!

Being well within budget is perfectly fine, as we are having another baby in April, a son to compliment our now 5 year old daughter.

Pretty stoked!

Congratulations on the kiddo and good luck on the house!

Justin V

I should've stayed up there
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Inspection is supposed to go down today. The general is pretty straightforward, we should get our findings right away. The septic inspection is required to be sent to the state for review before we are allowed to see the results. I am not familiar with septic systems at all so I don't know if that is typical or not. They are also doing a water quality test as the house is on a shared well. Same deal as the septic, city reviews the results before we see them.

Top Bottom