CK5 Forums

Take a few seconds to register your free account to post topics or questions, and view exclusive content!

New projects for beags!

diesel4me

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw one of those for sale at a swap meet in Mansfield MA in 2019..
It had a 230 straight six & a three on the tree,very solid too,no rot..
I forget what the price was,but it was well beyond my means..

I saw a sweet '59 Chevy 2 door wagon with a 348 & 4 speed at another swap meet several years ago..it was priced at $6500 or B/O...seemed almost too low to me..

beags86

Eastbound and Down
Reaction score
Last edited:

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
was that the big guy with dark hair? I remember his blue chevelle being on the show...

my TV "home" page, that I leave on for the dog all day is Power Nation... I watch that stuff daily..

diesel4me

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I (barely) remember him on that show..
I always wondered if Jennifer Hanson and Courtney Hanson were related to him ,but there's no info online about who their parents or relatives are..
Jennifer had a brief but successfull country career ,as well as being Miss California one year--she wrote the song "Leave The Pieces" the Wreckers had a big hit with (Michelle Branch and Jessica Sharp). ...Courtney was a co-host on some of the other Horsepower TV shows too...both were VERY attractive!..

wasted wages

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
my TV "home" page, that I leave on for the dog all day is Power Nation...

Soon your dog will be out in the garage finishing up all of your projects... :D

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I (barely) remember him on that show..
I always wondered if Jennifer Hanson and Courtney Hanson were related to him ,but there's no info online about who their parents or relatives are..
Jennifer had a brief but successfull country career ,as well as being Miss California one year--she wrote the song "Leave The Pieces" the Wreckers had a big hit with (Michelle Branch and Jessica Sharp). ...Courtney was a co-host on some of the other Horsepower TV shows too...both were VERY attractive!..

Courtney was doing another show after, kind of along the lines of the restoration /charity show that was on power block.. I used to watch all the shows here and there back in the day 10, 15 yrs ago.. but since I started playing it for the pooch (it's THE only channel i get with roku/sling that doesn't "time out" and shut off.. it's just background noise for the dog. ;) )

but I find i leave it on a bunch while surfing the web.. sure I've seen all the shows probably, but they have such a huge library with H power, extreme 4x4, etc that the library is pretty vast and stays pretty fresh on loop...

tells ya what I think of most TV programming these days.. I basically live on the Food Network, HGC and power nation... history for forged in fire...

diesel4me

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since I ditched Comcast,no cable here,I use an antenna,so I haven't seen any of those shows in quite some time..

About all I "miss" I used to watch on cable was a few shows like "Homestead Rescue",and some of the auto/truck related shows ,but I haven't missed them enough to sit and watch them on YouTube..most of the "reality" shows are all staged and fake,like Alaskan Bush People,I did like "Alaska The Last Frontier",but even that show is mostly staged..(was surprised to find out the singer Jewel's father was one of the cast!)..

Now my TV stays on "Circle TV" most of the time since its 90% country music and related stuff,and some classic shows like F Troop,Beverly Hillbillies,etc...I like old shows I grew up with like The Rifleman,Adam-12,Emergency,Andy Griffith,The Munsters,Star Trek (original series),and dozens more,and all are on the digital "sub channels" I couldn't get with cable--I now have more to choose from than I did paying 80+ bucks a month--for free!..
I feel I was screwing myself the past 7 years by keeping Comcast.

I do need to erect a "real" antenna though,my home brewed ones work well under most conditions,but when it is windy you may as well forget watching TV--the signal keeps crapping out constantly..digital sucks compared to analog..its either 100% perfect or zero with digital,analog you could at least see and hear everything ,though there may be snow or ghosting images..

I hope to get the 40" flat screen I had given to me installed,and maybe get a firestick or roku to use with it--but I'll keep the antenna too,as some of the channels I have grown to like are not on the streaming options..

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ugly little thing but way different!
1618412960309.png

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score