CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Scribbles

Paul
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is awesome! I love R/C cars they are responsible for my start in wrenching I believe, taught me a lot about diagnosing and repairing. I played with nitro ones, started with a 1/8 Team associated MGT and swore I’d never get into racing, a very short time later I found my way into 1/8 Nitro buggies and some oval racing. Some of the best times growing up doing it and made a lot of friends.

I went and found one set of pics, can’t find any others, it’s crazy to think I probably got into the hobby 14 years ago if I’m not mistaken sadly I didn’t stick with it, got out of it when I needed money for a truck to drive for real.

6789B9FA-A3F2-47B8-9D36-91BD975B307C.png

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
I’ve dabbled in rc since I was a kid. This is all I have now. RC10 4x4. Brushless lipo. Damn things are as fast as my old nitro stuff. Crazy. I really want(need) a k5 crawler from valterra.
image.jpg

Scribbles

Paul
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve always been into the nitro, I know what brushless can do and out perform and blah blah, but it’s like my K5, I like noisy, impractical, money pits! :dunno: I looked into the hobby about a year ago and even bought what I needed to restore my original MGT to its former glory but I lost interest when I learned there aren’t any tracks near me that support the Nitro stuff any more.

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I had a lot of old Tamiya stuff growing up and the new stuff is so much better. I'll probably get one of these this winter to tinker. I got a brushless 1/16 dramada 4wd trophy truck for my son a few years back for 100$! Rtr ans so much fun

Scribbles

Paul
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing how much nicer it all is now, RTR doesn’t mean complete junk any more!

I’m kinda thinking about getting another HPI 5th scale, I had one and it was by far my favorite thing to play with by myself, I’m thinking it might scratch the itch and keep me from driving to an off-road track every weekend!

Like this http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/115485

Last edited:

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
It’s amazing how much nicer it all is now, RTR doesn’t mean complete junk any more!

I’m kinda thinking about getting another HPI 5th scale, I had one and it was by far my favorite thing to play with by myself, I’m thinking it might scratch the itch and keep me from driving to an off-road track every weekend!

Like this http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/115485
That's what I'm thinking, small price to pay to find some enjoyment when I'm neck deep in work and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. It could keep me sane :haha:

Scribbles

Paul
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking, small price to pay to find some enjoyment when I'm neck deep in work and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. It could keep me sane :haha:

Get the HPI Baja, you won’t regret it, my only regret after buying one back in 2007 is I had to sell it. Add a tuned pipe to it and you will be shocked out how it wakes up, the 2 stroke gasser is amazingly dependable and not something you have to tune all the time like nitro.

I’ll update this thread when I buy mine. It’s not an if it’s when.

Abusfullofnuns

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got 3 or 4 old Nitro cars that are in various stages of disrepair. I think I've got a Jato that needs an a-arm and shock. The HPI savage needed a clutch when I put it up. Not sure what other cars I have or what's needed, but thought my 7yo might get a kick out of them. Might need to go digging in the garage and blow the dust off of them.

Would definitely dig the 2 stroke set up. The nitro got to be annoying.

Scribbles

Paul
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did a thing today. (Duramax tailgate for scale)

I found a package deal I couldn’t pass up on Facebook. Both RTR for $800, I tried to get him to just sell the 5b seeing as I have zero desire to have the Savage but he refused and dropped from his original price of $1000 to $800 and said he just wanted it all gone and he gave me all kinds of extra stuff too, I haven’t even had time to go through it all. It almost feels like I got a good deal looking at all of it which is rare for me. :D

A4CA1FC1-2B18-4E9B-B651-B5E8F8DC6BC7.jpeg

4148FB95-F636-4DEF-9E16-64C7D0688562.jpeg

rdn2blazer

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’ve been heavy into RC on two different occasions. I Can’t get into this again. Although I wish I had the time. They are fun. But I’ve spent a small fortune on RC. Used to race a local bad ass indoor off road track. In fact I need to sell it all off before its just old useless stuff. May be junk now for all I know. I’m sticking to dumping money into my real project for now. Which I can’t afford that project either right now. So it all continues to sit. Oh well.

GWeakland620

THE CK5 Crayon Eater
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

I found a package deal I couldn’t pass up on Facebook. Both RTR for $800, I tried to get him to just sell the 5b seeing as I have zero desire to have the Savage but he refused and dropped from his original price of $1000 to $800 and said he just wanted it all gone and he gave me all kinds of extra stuff too, I haven’t even had time to go through it all. It almost feels like I got a good deal looking at all of it which is rare for me. :D

View attachment 269721

View attachment 269722
That's a cool 1/5th scale!

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

View attachment 269721

View attachment 269722
That's uge!

Scribbles

Paul
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's bigger than I remember, I started looking it over and tried to play with it today when I had some spare time. I found the header had about 1/8in gap between the header and motor the bolts had backed so far out, tons of loose bolts in other areas, turns out the high speed needle for the carb was actually stripped out, and the fuel line was so rotten it broke when I touched it. I swapped the carb off the old motor that he gave me and tightened everything up and got it running quickly after the carb change. The PO did not believe in checking his nuts and bolts. I made myself a little shopping list and thanks to Amazon I should have what I need to play with it by Friday! :saweet:

I'm planning on running a tank through it and then stripping it down to nothing and completely going through every last piece. I love these little cars, reminds me of a simpler time in my life.

Top Bottom