CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Abusfullofnuns

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score

I guess that was all it took. These things have been moved four times in the last 9 years and multiple states since last time they were used. They were under a dryer vebt hose that malfunctioned. It was a few months before I went in that part of the basement and saw the issue.

The savage was just as bad. I blew it off to show my 7yo how. She knocked out the others. I know one is a Jato, one is a savage, one is a awd Traxxas street car. The electric one I don’t remember. It looks like I can only find one radio, a HPI.

I need more brake cleaner and I’ll hose them down and take stock. I think we need a repair help thread, because I don’t not remember a damn thing about them. Too many hobbies since this time of my life.

B5FD0C2F-FD90-4556-8020-171A46DE0F3F.jpeg

49025017-3472-48B3-BAC8-6D3DEAC4776D.jpeg

SpeedlabDan

Keepin it trashy never classy
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I guess that was all it took. These things have been moved four times in the last 9 years and multiple states since last time they were used. They were under a dryer vebt hose that malfunctioned. It was a few months before I went in that part of the basement and saw the issue.

The savage was just as bad. I blew it off to show my 7yo how. She knocked out the others. I know one is a Jato, one is a savage, one is a awd Traxxas street car. The electric one I don’t remember. It looks like I can only find one radio, a HPI.

I need more brake cleaner and I’ll hose them down and take stock. I think we need a repair help thread, because I don’t not remember a damn thing about them. Too many hobbies since this time of my life.

View attachment 269933

View attachment 269934
They cleaned up nicely

Scribbles

Paul
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dunno what happened, I didn’t see his post till after mine went in! :haha:

I see 40series bowties! Did you race it?

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

View attachment 269933

View attachment 269934
The electric truck is an early Traxxas Stampede 2wd monster truck. Pretty cool collection.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've still got some of my RC's from back when I was kid. One might be able to tell what type of cars I really dug back then for some reason..
The 55 Sedan in the foreground is on a Galaxy RS 2wd buggy chassis. The Black 55 Nomad in the middle is on a Parma Sport truck Chassis with the rear tires from the Parma Hemi Coupe kit (they are huge, for the Pro/street look). The 56 Nomad in the back ground is on a Bolink Eliminator Pan car chassis, quite the ticket for 90's era rc stock car racing.

Closer look of the 56 Nomad. This was pretty darn fast for the early 90's with an electronic speed control and wicked modified wind motor.

My Traxxas Rustler road rocket. Castle Brushless power (5700kv motor) Mamba Max speed control. Wide mod on the front so the front and rear track width matches, sticky rubber on all 4 corners. Radar clocked at 70mph on a 3s (11.1v) lipo battery.

Looking under the shell of the road rocket. Lots of Aluminum and RPM plastic parts. It's got aluminum shock towers since this pic was taken. The aluminum gearbox was to keep from stripping gears when the plastic gearbox deflected under the torque of the brushless motor. Stripped 3 idler gears out before I figured out what the problem was. This pic also has the Losi Brushless motor and speed control I used to use with it. (nuked the speed control)

The Traxxas Stampede I built from spare parts of my and my son's Rustlers. Gave it to my nephew for his birthday.

My son's Rustler. Full custom paint job by myself. 3 colors on the fade in the flames plus the blue pinstripe separating the purple metallic from the flames. Not bad for rattle can work. The rear spoiler lasted all of 5 minutes with my boy driving it. Of all the bodies I've done that dang bug body has been the most durable. No cracks, scratched to hell but just keeps taking abuse. The round shape probably helps big time.

Abusfullofnuns

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
@ZooMad75 Suoer cool!

The electric truck is an early Traxxas Stampede 2wd monster truck. Pretty cool collection.

Thanks a bunch. Turns out I was mistaken on the radio, I only have a Traxxas TQi or something like that.

I decided to poke around tonight in order to try to remember why I put each of them away.

I settled on the Jato for the first patient. It had a bunch of rpm plastic upgrades, suspension, and frame upgrades. I quickly remembered that it was launched through a bay door that overlooked another industrial complex. It was at least 40 feet down and at least that far across when it landed. My recollection of it just being an a -arm was far off. So far, the front upper and lower bulkhead, all four mounts for the throttle servo, the chassis top plate, and one of the pins for the front suspension tie bars.

I was working for an ultra high end custom shop, We were building cars for celebrities, super rich, and middle eastern princes. For a year or so we basically ****ed off with r/c cars for the first half of every day. We would fix what broke the day before and then run them until they broke that morning. We would hit the hobby shop while on lunch, then come back and bust ass for the second half of the day. We had a full audio shop because we did a few demo vehicles for manufacturers each year. The ramps got big!! I killed the party once I sent it down to the neighboring BMW shop that our dyno bay overlooked. I wish it was on video. It drove away, and then I tiewrspped it together until we moved on to some other time waster.

Maybe I should try to get that stampede going. It doesn’t look broken. I sure do like the sound and smell of the nitro, though.

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've still got some of my RC's from back when I was kid. One might be able to tell what type of cars I really dug back then for some reason..
The 55 Sedan in the foreground is on a Galaxy RS 2wd buggy chassis. The Black 55 Nomad in the middle is on a Parma Sport truck Chassis with the rear tires from the Parma Hemi Coupe kit (they are huge, for the Pro/street look). The 56 Nomad in the back ground is on a Bolink Eliminator Pan car chassis, quite the ticket for 90's era rc stock car racing.

Closer look of the 56 Nomad. This was pretty darn fast for the early 90's with an electronic speed control and wicked modified wind motor.

My Traxxas Rustler road rocket. Castle Brushless power (5700kv motor) Mamba Max speed control. Wide mod on the front so the front and rear track width matches, sticky rubber on all 4 corners. Radar clocked at 70mph on a 3s (11.1v) lipo battery.

Looking under the shell of the road rocket. Lots of Aluminum and RPM plastic parts. It's got aluminum shock towers since this pic was taken. The aluminum gearbox was to keep from stripping gears when the plastic gearbox deflected under the torque of the brushless motor. Stripped 3 idler gears out before I figured out what the problem was. This pic also has the Losi Brushless motor and speed control I used to use with it. (nuked the speed control)

The Traxxas Stampede I built from spare parts of my and my son's Rustlers. Gave it to my nephew for his birthday.

My son's Rustler. Full custom paint job by myself. 3 colors on the fade in the flames plus the blue pinstripe separating the purple metallic from the flames. Not bad for rattle can work. The rear spoiler lasted all of 5 minutes with my boy driving it. Of all the bodies I've done that dang bug body has been the most durable. No cracks, scratched to hell but just keeps taking abuse. The round shape probably helps big time.
Your nomad reminds m of the only onroad car I ever had Parma '29 Ford roadster. Funny story I put a trinity topaz race motor and a gmc obs stepside body off my traxxas sledgehammer on it. Being an off-road body it launched after some considerable speed blowing the foam/plastic wheels apart upon landing. That was the end of my on road rc hobby :haha:

IMG_0021.JPG

rdn2blazer

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You freaking guys are killin me here! Last two days I had an errand that due to parking difficulties with my crewcab and truck camper size, I ended up Having to park in the largest RC hobby store in the area. This thread was my first thought. But! I Didn’t go into the rc store...as much as I Really really wanted to.

I’m getting an itch to play with my cars instead of sell them. I’ve got two football fields worth of concrete right outside my door. I can setup jumps anywhere. I have to see if my batteries are wasted. May have to pick up a couple if these are too dead and wont charge. My cars are go fast race cars. I miss rc crawling.

I introduced my son to rc crawing at a park that has a long man made to look natural rock riverbed stream that runs 1/4 mile through the park. Rock size is Perfect to emulate Real workd sized rocks the real trucks can get over with some work and rock rash.

I love that park for rc crawing. We would spend hours there playing. So I think since I have 2 or 3 cars, I’s Got’s to get to playing. Get me remotivated and excited. These will be hella fun to rip in my buddies 16k sq ft shop with smooth epoxy floors and rip out the dock door and launch off the doc! :saweet: :haha:. I may even have one of those super curved rc ramps still for jumping. Not a 100% on that. But cool if I do.

All the spiders will surely have to be exterminated out of it. Namly the Black Widows. :yikes:
Good news is my cars are just right outsidein the shop in the back of the blazer all fully toted up for storage well so they are perfect still. I can have them charged and something running today. I think I have to do this now or it’s going to bug me if I don’t.

I’ll see if Cody likes to chase rc cars. I think he will. I just grab my sons skate board and drop it and step on it like I’m gonna ride it and he goes bananas! Like Come on! Its play time!!! He hops around like a child. Its hilarious. So this is going to be fun! :D. Surely if I can manage to get out and using my truck camper I will regret selling these for sure. Need something to play with. I’ll try to get pics up today of my rc junk.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Your nomad reminds m of the only onroad car I ever had Parma '29 Ford roadster. Funny story I put a trinity topaz race motor and a gmc obs stepside body off my traxxas sledgehammer on it. Being an off-road body it launched after some considerable speed blowing the foam/plastic wheels apart upon landing. That was the end of my on road rc hobby :haha:

View attachment 270087

I was the terror of my block with the Bolink chassis and a Pontiac Grand Prix stock car body in full Rusty Wallace Miller Genuine Draft Livery. Car did 40mph. I chased cars down the street and kids on bikes. The front of the body was so low any loose gravel on the street plinked off of it as it went. It was fun. The Galaxy RS was my first "real" hobby quality RC car. Dad and I built it together. It was a tank, but so much better than what you got at the toy store back then. I drove it so much I killed two sets of tires and stripped the idler gear in the trans. Problem was with that car, parts became scarce I didn't beat on it nearly as much. I moved on to a Tamyia Frog, Monster Beetle and Super Blackfoot for supreme bashing duties. The Monster beetle got a 57 Chevy truck body and a Losi mod motor. Then I found the limit of the stock Diff. I got a Thorpe Ball diff and still managed to tear it up. Ended up using a locked diff out of the kit parts for the Frog and just kept on bashing.

One of the cars I still have from childhood that I could use to restore was the Tamiya Road Wizard. It was an F1 styled on road car, but looked a hell of a lot like an Indy Car of the late 80's early 90's. The chassis was crazy simple, chunk of FRP fiberglass, little springs on the spindle shafts for front suspension and one single shock on a t-plate rear suspension. It came with it's own mechanical speed control too. It was that speed control that darn near melted the car down twice. It was a damn fast setup, but if you got it stuck on something and the throttle servo couldn't return to neutral it acted like a dead short. Which would melt the motor wires, then the wires from the speed control to the receiver for power. Those cars are getting to be worth something. Might need to revive it.

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I was the terror of my block with the Bolink chassis and a Pontiac Grand Prix stock car body in full Rusty Wallace Miller Genuine Draft Livery. Car did 40mph. I chased cars down the street and kids on bikes. The front of the body was so low any loose gravel on the street plinked off of it as it went. It was fun. The Galaxy RS was my first "real" hobby quality RC car. Dad and I built it together. It was a tank, but so much better than what you got at the toy store back then. I drove it so much I killed two sets of tires and stripped the idler gear in the trans. Problem was with that car, parts became scarce I didn't beat on it nearly as much. I moved on to a Tamyia Frog, Monster Beetle and Super Blackfoot for supreme bashing duties. The Monster beetle got a 57 Chevy truck body and a Losi mod motor. Then I found the limit of the stock Diff. I got a Thorpe Ball diff and still managed to tear it up. Ended up using a locked diff out of the kit parts for the Frog and just kept on bashing.

One of the cars I still have from childhood that I could use to restore was the Tamiya Road Wizard. It was an F1 styled on road car, but looked a hell of a lot like an Indy Car of the late 80's early 90's. The chassis was crazy simple, chunk of FRP fiberglass, little springs on the spindle shafts for front suspension and one single shock on a t-plate rear suspension. It came with it's own mechanical speed control too. It was that speed control that darn near melted the car down twice. It was a damn fast setup, but if you got it stuck on something and the throttle servo couldn't return to neutral it acted like a dead short. Which would melt the motor wires, then the wires from the speed control to the receiver for power. Those cars are getting to be worth something. Might need to revive it.
I had a Blackfoot it was actually my first good rc after the tyco units. It never worked really well probably bc of my old beat up used futaba servos and radio. I was really young too

Scribbles

Paul
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good for you!! I’m waiting on a pull start for the 5th scale, PO set the coil gap too tight and jacked the pull start up!

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ya'll sparked my rc fever... I pulled out my nitro truck but that gets boring as I don't live near a track I can run on. So I took the long way home today and picked up a vaterra ascender and a handful of upgrades. Pretty darn entertaining so far.

View attachment 270225

View attachment 270226

View attachment 270227

View attachment 270228

View attachment 270229

I saw that a koh15 I remember thinking damn that's cool they finally made a k5 body! Pretty sweet!

530BLAZER

1/2 ton status
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Got bored and stripped the paint on my ascender, carb cleaner screwed it up a little so I did the rest with some old nitro.

Did about 6 coats of plastidip and cut out the front windows. Used a heat gun to make some dents to match my real one. Got some 2.2 iroks waiting on my aluminum beadlocks to mount them up.

67146.jpeg

SpeedlabDan

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Got bored and stripped the paint on my ascender, carb cleaner screwed it up a little so I did the rest with some old nitro.

Did about 6 coats of plastidip and cut out the front windows. Used a heat gun to make some dents to match my real one. Got some 2.2 iroks waiting on my aluminum beadlocks to mount them up.

View attachment 270772
Lil body rot just like a real square lol looks good!

Top Bottom