Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Off road option

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pr1aw, Sep 30, 2000.

1. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

My 91 has the off road option with 31x10.5, did these come with a little higher lift, it looks like I can put 33's on with no mods, but I haven't taken it out to see what the flex is like since I got it a month or so ago.

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

pr1aw,

My '90 Jimmy came with the same option's. It has the towing package, etc. I purchased a 4" lift and 33x12.5x15 on 10" rims. Naturally I tried putting the tires on prior to recieving the lift. The rear fit fine, might have hit at full flex. The fronts fit, but would not clear in a turn or flexing. I have read posts of people who say they are running 33's with no suspension modifications, you might try to borrow a couple of tires and bolt them up and take a look.

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

why not try 32 inch tires? They fit nicely.. and no rubbing. Look pretty beefy too.

It's better to have it and not need it. Than to need it and not have it !

4. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

when i put 33s, as mentioned above they rubbed on full turn. when i took the truck to get painted, i got them to cut the fender, then reweld the lip back on after the cut. it looks real nice, you can only tell the fenders have been hacked if you park 2 k5s next to each other, it looks totally stock.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com