CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Online Garage Plans

shewheeler

1/2 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
Anyone here ever purchased house/garage plans online?

I'm sure it's cheaper than hiring an architect, but I'm also pretty sure that anything you would buy online would have to be tweaked to comply with local building codes, right?

I want to put up a garage this year or early next year /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif and I'm trying to decide on the best, least amount of hassle, way to go.

Or, does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Muddytazz

1 ton status
Reaction score
I don't know about cali, but here in oregon, if you build a pole building(even with a concrete floor)you don't need a building permit which saves you about $1000 right off the bat /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

mudgirl1972

Registered Member
Reaction score
i know alot of people who have got garage plans and the supplies from home depot or menards or places like that and they really like them, they don't look cheezy or anything.

jekbrown

I am CK5
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
agreed, get a miracle truss or some other kinda steel building... cheaper/easier.

j

shewheeler

1/2 ton status
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about cali, but here in oregon, if you build a pole building(even with a concrete floor)you don't need a building permit which saves you about $1000 right off the bat /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This would probably not be an issue if I didn't live in the middle of town. I need/want something that is going to "go" with my house.

[ QUOTE ]
i know alot of people who have got garage plans and the supplies from home depot or menards or places like that and they really like them, they don't look cheezy or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know that Home Depot had pre-made plans... I'll have to check it out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
agreed, get a miracle truss or some other kinda steel building... cheaper/easier

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably cheaper in some ways, but I would still need a building permit (anything over 80 sq.ft. requires a building permit). Can you modify the plans for these? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I know a way around the building permit since you have an existing structure...

You "Rebuild/Repair" no more than 1/2 of the existing garage at one time. Basically build a new wall outside of the old garage so you are basically just moving the wall over a few inches. Then after all the walls are slowly moved over and a new roof is in place you tear down the old garage inside the new one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

A friend of my dad did this to an old corn crib and converted it into a shop... Then put on additions under the size required for a building permit to make it larger. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

Top Bottom