options for Doubler

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Dec 20, 2000.

    I was wondering what other 'cases I can use for GM. Like an NP 208 or 241. And if there is a way to use a 4L80. I don't have anything yet. This is the project:1977 Scout SS, 100" wb, will have a GM 5.7L TBI or Vortec depending what my connections are. Telephone poles are my barter, and that's how I'll get the drive train. 4L60? 4L80? don't know yet.Exploring what to get still
  1. Stephen

    Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

    Sep 15, 2000
    Likes Received:
    Carbondale Colorado
    At this point we're only set up to hook up the GM or Ford 205, and the Atlas, but doing a 32 spline 208 or 241 might also be possible with minimal mods. Really with your wheelbase, you don't have room to do much other than a 205, and you might consider sticking with a Th350 for the shorter length. We do have customers that have put a Doubler behind a 4L80, so it does work, but it's a really long trans.

    Telephone Poles? I perk a little here because my Dad has a thing for telephone poles, he's had some plans for building a potato cellar/ shed using the poles for the roof. He may still want some, we'll see. Where are you?

  2. I live in Modesto, CA...I'm trading poles for the engine, trans, x-fer case, and some labor. We're getting about 50 poles within the next week to clear P.U.C. records.
    Thanks for the input on the options!


Share This Page