PAD - Photo-A-Day

beags86

Eastbound and Down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been building a little bottle fed 396;) the last few months. Big thanks to @folkenheath for supplying alot of parts to make this build possible.
Seriously guys, if you need any high performance parts send Heath a message and give him a shot to save you money. Don't just run off to jegs or summit. He can get you anything from holley, comp, howards cams, or edelbrock. Also fragnola AN fittings and hose.
Heath got this old intake manifold I bought from @obijuank5 all decked out.
Some of you may recall he found this intake laying in the back of a truck he bought.

Still not done yet, still some things to clean, bolt on, paint, port etc, etc. But I finally got it far enough along to see some semblance of an engine.

20210502_022438~2.jpg
20210502_021338.jpg

Bonus points if anyone can guess how the nitrous is injected. (No cheating @acm!)

Last edited:

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ours keeps bringing these home.

The older one has a thing with bringing large live birds like robins and bluejays home. Then let's them go in the garage.
She has to bring them in through a doggy door, so once they're in they cant get out.
Then she sets up shop on top of a half wall in there and waits for them to fly by so she can try and catch them again lol.

IMG_20210427_104938843.jpg

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I thought about naming them after actual Volcanos, Mt St. Helen's actually erupted on my birthday. However, it seemed too location oriented and too serious. (57 people died on that one alone)

I also thought about naming them after volcano terms, like stratovolcano and cumulo volcano. But then maybe that is too nerdy....

I do like the name of the "dormant volcano" because I originally made it as a cheaper plug, but sometimes it wakes up and makes more power than either no volcano at all. or the taller two. I think the edge lets the fuel shear off again instead of sit on the plenum floor, and it also might just hit the sweet spot for plenum volume on those particular combinations.

Perhaps I should make a poll to get opinions.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reason I thought of KRAKATOA was it sat largely dormant for years, then all at once went apechit and showed power that no living being on the planet had ever seen before lol.

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I got the idea of the name from watching a documentary on volcanoes, and some volcanoes don't just erupt like normal from the top, they erupt out the side out multiple vents at the same time, I thought, hmmm, interesting, sounds familiar.

And yeah, there are some vicious Volcanos out there, so many of them have killed thousands.

And then the supervolcanos that fester for hundreds of thousands of years and then erupt and change the entire planet. Yellowstone is a "supervolcano".
Goes off every 600-700 thousand years they say, and its been 650,000 or something like that. But they also say there should be months of warning, and what's another 50,000 or 100,000 years but a drop in the bucket for a volcano.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol. My ramcharger had tires like that. I wheeled it regularly even though they sucked in the mud lol.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol. Yeah mine you could see where the tread used to be. But couldn't really feel it.
I had $300 in the truck, and the front end was shot. Ball joints, etc. So I decided to beat it as it was till it does. Then scrap it lol.

Ended up beating it all summer, then traded it even up to buddy for a clean 79 Camaro with no engine. And what he thought was a Pontiac 400 and the trans for it. But it turned out to be a 455 lol.
Put that together and had an awesome quick burnout machine for a year or so. Then sold it for $800 lol.

That was probably the last time I came out on top of a car deal :doah: lol.

acm

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been building a little bottle fed 396;) the last few months. Big thanks to @folkenheath for supplying alot of parts to make this build possible.
Seriously guys, if you need any high performance parts send Heath a message and give him a shot to save you money. Don't just run off to jegs or summit. He can get you anything from holley, comp, howards cams, or edelbrock. Also fragnola AN fittings and hose.
Heath got this old intake manifold I bought from @obijuank5 all decked out.
Some of you may recall he found this intake laying in the back of a truck he bought.

Still not done yet, still some things to clean, bolt on, paint, port etc, etc. But I finally got it far enough along to see some semblance of an engine.

View attachment 376921
View attachment 376922

Bonus points if anyone can guess how the nitrous is injected. (No cheating @acm!)

My guess would be one of heaths fancy new volcanoes.

,,, still think the "jeep" has ya covered! :whistle:

I thought about naming them after actual Volcanos, Mt St. Helen's actually erupted on my birthday. However, it seemed too location oriented and too serious. (57 people died on that one alone)

I also thought about naming them after volcano terms, like stratovolcano and cumulo volcano. But then maybe that is too nerdy....

I do like the name of the "dormant volcano" because I originally made it as a cheaper plug, but sometimes it wakes up and makes more power than either no volcano at all. or the taller two. I think the edge lets the fuel shear off again instead of sit on the plenum floor, and it also might just hit the sweet spot for plenum volume on those particular combinations.

Perhaps I should make a poll to get opinions.

Heath, I still like calling them those damn inserts! :burnout:
Easier to remember.
Can't wait to get one on the dyno.

Top Bottom