CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

PAD - Photo-A-Day

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Little old lady drove in a couple of weeks ago with a 2wd 4 banger 5-speed S10. Said you really had to rev the engine up to move in 1st or reverse. Go outside, tried it. Yep, you need a clutch. Leave it with us and we'll put it in line.

Nope, takes it home and continued to drive it. Get a call from the sheriff's Dept three days later because her truck is blocking 2 lanes of hwy 50 and she said we didn't fix it right. Fix it right? We didn't even open the hood! Told her don't drive it. She did. So we tow it in and finally got to it today.

IMG_20211011_162341.jpg

There is zero friction material on the disc. Nada, zilch. Most of it was in the form of noxious black powder that rained down as he took the pressure plate loose.

I really don't have sympathy for anyone that don't listen to solid advice. Old or young.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
How many miles did she get out of it?
Not sure but she put more miles on it than the clutch had left.

The truck has 87k on the clock right now, I've got records on it back to 2005, no other clutch replacement noted.

I'm guessing it's probably got to do more with the little old lady that has to drive with a pillow behind her back with the seat all the way forward. She's probably slipping the clutch like mad since she's probably not getting the pedal all the way down. I've got twice the mileage on the clutch in my S10 without any signs of needing to replace it. But I can reach the pedal and push it all the way down too.

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
need a flywheel also ? ? ?

my dump truck i got was like that and the shop had to cut 45 tho off it to clean it up .

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You will love it. I hear they only play journey music.
We both know you cant remember your own name

Journey gets played down the street at In-N-Out. Two blocks away. Dont get lost

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
We both know you cant remember your own name

Journey gets played down the street at In-N-Out. Two blocks away. Dont get lost
Who are you and why are you bothering me?

Come out for a visit and I will buy you the best gas station burger you have ever had. It's a "thing" here.

Top Bottom