CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

PAD - Photo-A-Day

Big Ray

Doing O.K. For An Old Fat Man!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who are you and why are you bothering me?

Come out for a visit and I will buy you the best gas station burger you have ever had. It's a "thing" here.
Gas station breakfast sammiches around here are the best I've ever had. Work crews are always lined up before they get started for the day.

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Impressive that they don't disintegrate. This is during shutdown.

View attachment 392778
The stats are impressive on those things, if not shocking. I always tell people, you have to go see them in person at least once. The TV does not do it justice. When you are there in person the ground shakes and it feels like there is 1000 monkeys pounding on your chest and if you don't plug your ears you get a piercing pain. Until you experience that, watching them on TV is not much different than horse racing or circle track. Top Fuel Nitro Dragsters and Funny cars are insanely powerful.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The stats are impressive on those things, if not shocking. I always tell people, you have to go see them in person at least once. The TV does not do it justice. When you are there in person the ground shakes and it feels like there is 1000 monkeys pounding on your chest and if you don't plug your ears you get a piercing pain. Until you experience that, watching them on TV is not much different than horse racing or circle track. Top Fuel Nitro Dragsters and Funny cars are insanely powerful.
You forgot the smell of nitro...

folkenheath

Volcano Manifolds
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
You forgot the smell of nitro...
That part I could do without, ha ha. When my cousins raced at the national in Milan back around 10 years ago (they raced Top Dragster, Super Comp, and Super Gas) I would go help pit for them for the weekend since it wasn't far from where I lived. I could walk right up near the starting line, even when the Top Fuel was going. The fumes were so bad I had to hold my shirt over my face to breathe, I didn't stay there long, I just wanted to experience it up close. That stuff burns your eyes and your nose. Although I suppose the scent you get from the stands isn't like that, is more like the nitro smell you get from a nitro RC car. But the guys that go run the tires and check the temps and stuff up there without a gas mask every time, they are nuts.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's why I went to stereo... Get the vibes DEEP in your chest, but I can do it in my POS that does like a 23 sec 1/4mi lol.

It's not the same. But it's cheaper.

Kinda. :thinking:

I made a compromise on my burb.
So far my engine and stereo have received equal $$$ lol.

Top Bottom