CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

PAD - Photo-A-Day

The Griff

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tarping isn't as bad as putting side boards and bows on :doah: .
I did that with my dad a few times. Chit like that is why I decided NOT to follow in my family's line of truckers lol.

I prefer the covered wagons over an open flatbed most of the time, the only time I really hate it is when they won't touch the load until you've tore the whole trailer down, all the panels, all the stakes, all the bows, and the tarp, off and out of the way.

I've actually got three trailers sitting at the yard now from weeks past that I haven't had a spare three hours to put back together.

Also, I found the Google car! Again actually, I've found three of them in as many months.

Snapchat-60989987~2.jpg

AJMBLAZER

Better to be lucky than good.
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is the biggest reason I pulled reefer and dry van, didn't want to tarp.

Tarping isn't as bad as putting side boards and bows on :doah: .
I did that with my dad a few times. Chit like that is why I decided NOT to follow in my family's line of truckers lol.

I prefer the covered wagons over an open flatbed most of the time, the only time I really hate it is when they won't touch the load until you've tore the whole trailer down, all the panels, all the stakes, all the bows, and the tarp, off and out of the way.

I've actually got three trailers sitting at the yard now from weeks past that I haven't had a spare three hours to put back together.

Also, I found the Google car! Again actually, I've found three of them in as many months.

View attachment 392926
When I ran the military vehicle shipping docks in Lexington, KY we did mainly low boys and RGN’s. We had a regular who was an owner operator with a RGN. Guy only had one hand. He’d roll up, pop his prosthetic off, put his rubber cuff on and then go throw the levers and chains like everyone else. He was faster than many too.

fourwheelerjeff

Jeff's Offroad Emporium
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been harrassed so much, it was my turn to point one out. You can definitely tell when I am on my phone compared to a keyboard.

my pictures are on my phone. I will post a pic off my phone then go to my keyboard to to write anything to go with it. I will read the forum from my phone but very rarely post from my phone. everything is so small and I can't see as well as I could.

bigjbear

1 ton status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ultimate DIY project- build your own house. My grandfather and his brothers built this house in the 1950s. When I say built, I’m talking cleaning the lot, framing, bricks, roof, electrical, plumbing, all of it. He and my grandmother lived there until they died. Still in the family today.

D57BB4A0-D826-41F1-A4DD-DBD96FAB20C8.jpeg

Big Ray

Doing O.K. For An Old Fat Man!
Premium Member
Reaction score
My grandlpa made his house. Cut & milled the trees into lumber. On site. Had land on the far side of the creek they farmed for food. Stared raising his on livestock for food. Sold the occasional hog once in a while.

Electricity finally came through. Never did have running water. Had an artesian well with the coldest, sweetest water I've ever tasted.

Had the best times times of my life at that old place.

Rest In Peace Pawpaw and Mawmaw. I miss them so....:cry:

bigjbear

1 ton status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My grandlpa made his house. Cut & milled the trees into lumber. On site. Had land on the far side of the creek they farmed for food. Stared raising his on livestock for food. Sold the occasional hog once in a while.

Electricity finally came through. Never did have running water. Had an artesian well with the coldest, sweetest water I've ever tasted.

Great memories.

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

This was grandpa and step-grandma. Dug the cellar under the house by hand. 1000 square feet. He did have cement trucks show up for the floor and walls. But he did all of the work and milled the trees. Split his own cedar shakes for walls and roof. Had their own lake. Hand pump well. Outhouse 100 feet from the house. We did not take a dump at night. They had their own lake that we fished in. Each grand child was only allowed 1 fish per weekend out of the lake. So they could keep it stocked.

Eileen and I were given some furniture before we got married, so that was 35 years ago. Went by ust before moving to Colorado. Place was still there with a young family living in it. They wanted to here all about the history. Was really cool to see.

bigjbear

1 ton status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
This was grandpa and step-grandma. Dug the cellar under the house by hand. 1000 square feet. He did have cement trucks show up for the floor and walls. But he did all of the work and milled the trees. Split his own cedar shakes for walls and roof. Had their own lake. Hand pump well. Outhouse 100 feet from the house. We did not take a dump at night. They had their own lake that we fished in. Each grand child was only allowed 1 fish per weekend out of the lake. So they could keep it stocked.

Eileen and I were given some furniture before we got married, so that was 35 years ago. Went by ust before moving to Colorado. Place was still there with a young family living in it. They wanted to here all about the history. Was really cool to see.
Very cool that they wanted to know the history.

Top Bottom