CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

PAD - Photo-A-Day

acm

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Being a 400 car and also a vert is way nice.
Any other details?
Yours?
A build thread coming?
Nothing fancy, plain old 400 car. Drum brakes, ps, ac and deluxe interior.
Was my Mom's daily until 73 or so. This was the car my Dad hated enough to get into AMC's!

Parked due to broken exhaust manifold bolt. Should run once the fuel system is freshened up and with a battery.
Probably won't get a build thread. Most likely will just finish rotting in my barn.

sweetk30

I build stuff
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My buddy found this original ford pedal car years ago and it needed restoration so he custom painted it to match his 64.5 he has . Well i spotted this the other day on line and sent him the link . He went and grabbed it up . We just need to make a hitch for the car to hook it all up . This is an old original u-haul pedal car trailer .

1126210841a.jpg

1126210841.jpg

acm

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve gotten to a point where I prefer the first gens in Firebird flavor. And that rain sucked driving into San Antonio last night. Especially after driving all day.
The rain wasn't much fun. Think it followed me from Dallas and I'm sure don't the temp drop.

Hope ya had a good turkey day and enjoy the area... please take the weather home with ya though!!! ;)

KirsL

Diesel maniac
Premium Member
Reaction score
My buddy found this original ford pedal car years ago and it needed restoration so he custom painted it to match his 64.5 he has . Well i spotted this the other day on line and sent him the link . He went and grabbed it up . We just need to make a hitch for the car to hook it all up . This is an old original u-haul pedal car trailer .

View attachment 396484

View attachment 396485
The car alone is a hard to find item. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of those trailers.

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I was 4 I went to a class called safety town.
It was in a school parking lot during summer, and they had a full town made of plywood. All painted like normal houses and businesses. Complete with all street marking lines, signs, and even working stop lights.
We had class time teaching us about car safety. While in one, and out of them.
Then we'd get to go out and cruise around the town in pedal cars. All sorts of different designs. Hotrods, firetrucks, etc.

It was super cool.

And me of course, graduated being carried and bandaged up because a week before graduation I fell out of the back of my aunt's Ford LTD and had my left leg ran over at the knee :doah:.
Only kid I know that passed a car safety course after getting ran over by one lol.
Doc said if I'd have been 1 year older my bones would have been more bone, less cartilage, and I'd have had a shattered knee.
Came away with a lot of skin loss and a sore knee is all. :thumb:
Every time I see a pedal car I think of that plywood town instantly lol.

And because PAD. What's left of the scar 40 yrs later. Middle part is still about 1" round. At one point it covered 1/3rd of my knee.

IMG_20211126_101443485~2.jpg

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had my 6.2 burb for almost 4 years here in Iowa and never plugged it in once. (Block heater was shorted out lol)
It was my DD that whole time.
Always started when I wanted it to.
My 6.5td wouldn't ever start for chit if it got below 30*.

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I was 4 I went to a class called safety town.
It was in a school parking lot during summer, and they had a full town made of plywood. All painted like normal houses and businesses. Complete with all street marking lines, signs, and even working stop lights.
We had class time teaching us about car safety. While in one, and out of them.
Then we'd get to go out and cruise around the town in pedal cars. All sorts of different designs. Hotrods, firetrucks, etc.

It was super cool.

And me of course, graduated being carried and bandaged up because a week before graduation I fell out of the back of my aunt's Ford LTD and had my left leg ran over at the knee :doah:.
Only kid I know that passed a car safety course after getting ran over by one lol.
Doc said if I'd have been 1 year older my bones would have been more bone, less cartilage, and I'd have had a shattered knee.
Came away with a lot of skin loss and a sore knee is all. :thumb:
Every time I see a pedal car I think of that plywood town instantly lol.

And because PAD. What's left of the scar 40 yrs later. Middle part is still about 1" round. At one point it covered 1/3rd of my knee.

View attachment 396492
We had the same thing in WI when I was little. I think it was called safety city. It was the funnest thing to go to.

campfire

Adventure is out there!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think these poor 6.2's have been the victims of racism, 26* out, hasn't been started in over a month, give it just a hint of starting fluid, (Only because it loses prime) and she fires right up.

View attachment 396494

I agree. Underpowered & obsolete? Yeah, the platform is long in the tooth after 40 years. But it doesn't deserve the rest of the bad rap that it gets. It's actually pretty good compared to the other malaise-era smog engines. That era set the bar pretty low... :doah: :rolleyes:

AJMBLAZER

Better to be lucky than good.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a fire truck pedal car that was already vintage in the 80s when I had it. I’m pretty sure my brother and I destroyed it and we threw it away. Oops.

eric67camino

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Came back from vacation this morning to find this. Had to go down to the gas station next door with the forklift get one of our concrete barrier blocks back.

Seems a truck came in out drive, hopped the curb, pushed one of the blocks out into a parking space, and hung this one under the trailer. Drug it probably a hundred yards down through our parking lot and into theirs. Idiots.

20211126_081613.jpg

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a fire truck pedal car that was already vintage in the 80s when I had it. I’m pretty sure my brother and I destroyed it and we threw it away. Oops.
There's an absolutely mint condition fire truck from the OLD days at my grandpa's house.
Sits on a table in the house as home decor lol. Here's a chitty pic of the azz end of it. It's the only one I have though lol.

34934~3.jpg

Top Bottom