??? Part number for the Dana 60 hub socket.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BILLY RAY, Feb 22, 2004.

1. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

What is the part number for the Dana 60 hub socket and the cheapest place to get it. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i rented mine from autozone, had a 15 dollar deposit, When i went to take it back there was a little grease on it still and they just said you can keep it, and we will keep your deposit... dunno if thats a good price or not.. but i kept it. dunno PN# though sorry.

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

just go to vato zone and get one...it's the one with 6 prongs instead of 4 or 4 instead of 6. if you want you can borrow mine.

4. Silver84k5

[ QUOTE ]
    vato zone

[/ QUOTE ] LMAO i was just thinking that today when i went there.... thats crazy.

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

FWIW, there seems to be at least (only?) 2 types. The later style with 4 notches and a pin hole washer retainer. The older style is the same as the C14FF socket with 6 notches and uses a bent tab retainer washer. I'm seriously thinking of switching to the old style so I don't have to carry 2 sockets.

Those of you that rent from AZ, what do you plan to use if you break off-road sometime?

6. Silver84k5

thats why i kept mine... figured id need it again...

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Somehow I lost my 1/2 ton socket.

So, I bought this nifty new combination stocket 6 and 4 prongs both in one from my work.

It didn't fit the 4 prongs on my D60. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Discovered this just in time to not make it to the store today, so I couldn't take my rotors off to turn them this week. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I guess I will try the Zone. I just want one for the tool box. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif